Best way to add more sata ports to Asus Z710-A Motherboard with Win10

What is the best ay to add more Sata ports to a Asus Z710-A motherboard running windows 10? I want to add more internal sata drives and they will not be raided. Kinda new to the UEFI bios, haven't nuil a new box since i7-920, wich had the ASUS Sata usb add on card that showed up after post. Will a new add in card act the same way in UEFI? Any recommendations on specific cards. Trying to keep cost low. They will just have spinning HD attached to them.

Re: Best way to add more sata ports to Asus Z710-A Motherboard with Win10

How many additional drives? What do you use this machine for that you need more than 6 SATA ports? I think generally you could add any old PCIe->SATA card, but the recommendations might change a tad based on what you're trying to accomplish.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

2 more. I was just going to move all the old drive to the new box. I could probably could just get a couple of larger drives and combine a few. Would the cost of a reliable add on card be more than a few 3-4TB drives? The stuff on those drives are backups of my movies, music, that are on my NAS, and weekly backups of my user folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    How many additional drives? What do you use this machine for that you need more than 6 SATA ports? I think generally you could add any old PCIe->SATA card, but the recommendations might change a tad based on what you're trying to accomplish.

In that case probably any old card could do. This card from newegg seems to have plenty of reviews

Depending on what NAS you're using, have you considered changing the data protection schemes you're using on it to prevent having to load up your main rig with spare drives just to store copies? Seems like thats counter-productive in the long run.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present