Noctua NF-P14s or?

Trying to decide on 140mm fans. I've been looking at NF-P14s, Phanteks PH-F140XP, or Fractal Design Venturi. I've already eliminated led due to lack of pwm 140mm out there, and thinking I want to just utilize pwm headers on board (Gigabyte ga-z170x-ud5) vs using hub or controller. I'll be doing two in front, one on rear of enthoo pro m, running 6600k, have a H7, undecided on gpu, probably gtx 960 or R9 380, or gtx 970. May overclock down the road.

I'd prefer to have quiet, and quite frankly I only hesitated on the noctuas due to the fractals venturis being all black, but the grey isn't a showstopper in my opinion on the noctuas, but am not a fan of the beige ones. Noctua Redux do not come with sound dampening mounts, however these can be bought separately.

Re: Noctua NF-P14s or?

I'm running 4x140 NF-P14s 1500rpm fans on my 560mm WC radiator controlled via PWM. I don't have experience with the others. IMO the noctuas are excellent. I get plenty of wind noise at high RPM's through the fan grills, but thats to be expected. At low RPM they can get virtually silent, no whining or odd bearing noises on ramp up or down like my Corsair SP120's. Noise tends to be a very difficult thing to quantify, but these are probably the best fans I've ever owned.

Its all personal preference, but I actually like the grey color rather than black. It makes them stand out very subtly, unlike the horrific beige models.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Excellent, yes I've read nothing but good things about Noctuas. I definitely don't like the beige, and can't justify the industrial black ones. Going to be ordering at least two of the NF-P14s 1500 PWM. At high rpm some noise from the air movement is to be expected, I just want quality and something that is going to be rather quiet except when being ramped up. I'm planning on using two for front intake, and may just use the stock ph-f140sp that came with the case in the rear for exhaust for the time being and see how it works out.

Did you purchase the dampening mount pins or corners (sold separately) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBuckeye81 View Post
    Did you purchase the dampening mount pins or corners (sold separately) ?
    I have not, and in practice I haven't found them to be necessary. I'm running them typically at around 1000 rpm (66% speed) and haven't found any issues with vibration. They're mounted on a large radiator filled with water, so I don't know if that changes things as far as transmitting vibrations to the case that might then cause other things to vibrate, but either way its been fine.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I have not, and in practice I haven't found them to be necessary. I'm running them typically at around 1000 rpm (66% speed) and haven't found any issues with vibration. They're mounted on a large radiator filled with water, so I don't know if that changes things as far as transmitting vibrations to the case that might then cause other things to vibrate, but either way its been fine.
    Terrific, thanks for the input. No clue if that would make any difference in vibration, possibly, but not much I wouldn't think. I could always get some later if needed.

Think I'm going to go ahead and order these and run with it. Thanks!