Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding

Hi. I had fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro in MBR scheme . I want to know what caused this.
    Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications was not responding too. I was clicking and nothing happening. It was related to hardware or software? Disk was formatted due to MBR partition.

My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB , and 2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

Smart on disk is fine, GOOD status in Samsung MAgician and no errors in HD TUNE. Memtest86 not showing errors.

After format to GPT and install again Windows 10 all is fine and working properly. Just want to know what caused issue before format. Thx. It was related to windows/software or hardware?

I made topic because some peoples told me that corrupt data , can be caused by faulty memory(( What is yours opinions? But like i said i test memtest86, Windows Diagnostics Memory and hdtune showing no errors. Maybe try GoldMemory or that will be waste of time?

Re: Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding

Well, looks as if something was amiss in the OS for some reason, from what I understand about MBR/GPT modes.
    MBR doesn't support drives larger that 4TB and it also does not support UEFI BIOS setting(Have to use legacy mode). As strange as it sounds, maybe your BIOS was set in UEFI mode and somehow got windows to install using MBR and the compatibility message never came up. The installer should have stopped you from doing this. If you don't have UEFI BIOS, AHCI mode can have issues on some PC's without some strange driver support(I remember some laptop setups had to use a "driver disk" during install). I know you are probably happy they way all is running now, but check out your BIOS capabilities and settings, just don't change them, windows will get pissed if you swap the mode from UEFI, Legacy, or AHCI after install.

Click here to visit Onetech's website
    Popup blocker advised!

"Cutting edge technology is for those who like to bleed." Onetech

Nah i dont change any settings in BIOS UEFI. All is default .

System was formatted and installed due to MBR partition. I formatted disk during Win 10 install without any warning so it was formatted due to MBR.

Here are screen from UEFI :

System broke after i change in UEFI boot order from UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1: Samsung Evo 850 Evo and then automatic repair started every restart of pc, every start of pc. Coincidence?
    So i was left with automatic repair every start of pc.

Everytime i restarting Windows 10 by button RESTART from START in next boot i have Automatic Repair. On next boot i am able to boot fine to Windows 10
    So overall in every second restart boot ( It's a bit weird that it reboots twice and then get's through )when i get through to Windows 10 i get problem with opening task manager and event viewer and apps. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening. I only change boot order thats all. Is this because of this or not? I leave all options in UEFI default, but change only boot order. Yes disk was formatted due to MBR .

My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI , right. But from what i know UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine.

What you think? I have faulty hardware or that was software/UEFI issue? And why it get broken after i change UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1: Samsung Evo 850 Evo ? Coincidence?
    Last edited by sew333; 04-13-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Nah i dont change anything in UEFI. All was on default. I only change boot order. And problem started.

System was formatted and installed due to MBR partition. I quick formatted disk during USB Win10 install without any warning and it formatted due to MBR.

System broke after i change in UEFI boot order from UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1: Samsung Evo 850 Evo and then automatic repair started every restart of pc, every start of pc. Coincidence?
    So i was left with automatic repair every start of pc.

And then everytime i restarting Windows 10 by button RESTART from START in next boot i have Automatic Repair. On next boot i am able to boot fine to Windows 10
    So overall in every second restart boot ( It's a bit weird that it reboots twice and then get's through )when i get through to Windows 10 i get problem with opening task manager and event viewer and apps. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening.

My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI right. But from what i know UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. So why it get broken when i change boot order from UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1: Samsung Evo 850 Evo ? Coincidence?
    Last edited by sew333; 04-13-2016 at 04:01 PM.

This could be due to faulty RAM, hardware failure, corrupted drivers or virus and malware. Since there are different criteria which can cause the system to hang/stop some programs from opening temporarily.