Question In search of AM3+ MOBO

Hello friends!!!
    I have recently been fortunate in getting my hands on an FX-8370 but currently I am running an i7-920 on ROG Gene Board.
    So I have been looking around to get something semi-decent but not too over the top.

So far its a toss up between the MSI 990FXA Gaming and the Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.

Do any of you have one of these two boards or some possible reviews for them?

While the Asus Sabertooth seems to be fantastic, some people were reporting Win10 (which is what I am running( issues.
    The MSI 990FXA would fit my scheme very well especially since I am about to get my hands on an MSI 390x GPU but a few people said there was heating issue on it.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you!!!

Re: In search of AM3+ MOBO

welcome

could you give a little more detail on the win10, heat issue and whether you have any intention on overclocking.

ud

I have both boards in the lab for testing. My main machine runs Sabertooth 990FX Rev. 1 with Win10 and I have no problems there that I can see. Rev. 2 has very little different from Rev. 1, but there are some slot differences. That board does have later UEFI revisions than Rev. 1 does. So take my observation with a grain of salt. Have had no problems with my revision.

Use the MSI 990FXA Gaming in a test machine and have actually posted a review on it at PCPer. It is a 6+2 VRM setup which can get warm under extreme load and overclocking. It will likely run a 9000 series CPU, but I wouldn't suggest it at all. It is not bad, but if you decide to really push the CPU those VRMs will heat up quite a bit without active cooling blowing on them.
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath

Honestly I am not planning to OC at the moment but kinda of leaving it up in the air. What does the BIOS interface look like in the MSI 990FXA? I know that the Sabertooth one has a pretty intuitive BIOS UI, i was also trying to see what the MSI one looks like but for some reason couldnt find anything online.

It is much like the other MSI boards from the Intel side. Identical to the FM2+ boards that I have also tested in the past. I think I put some screenshots of it in my review: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Motherb...d-Overclocking

It is pretty intuitive and attractive. A fully modern UEFI implementation.
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath