Enthoo Evolv PWM Hub issue connecting to Asus Z170 Deluxe CPU/Chassis fan connectors.

Currently building the UVRGM I saw on The New Screensavers/Twit, and I've hit a tiny snag when I tried connecting the Enthoo Evolv case PWM Hub to a CPU/Chassis fan connector on the Asus Z170 Deluxe motherboard.

The Z170 manual specifically says, to ensure the ground wire (black wire) from a connected fan, lines up with the ground pin on the connector. However, the black wire from the PWM Hub ends up connecting to the "CHA/CPU FAN PWM" pin on any of the available connectors on the motherboard... Not the GND pin.

Will this work? Is this a typo or some other mix up? It's a little confusing...

This is the first system I've built in over 15 years, a lot's changed

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Enthoo Evolv PWM Hub issue connecting to Asus Z170 Deluxe CPU/Chassis fan connect

Its a little hard to understand exactly what you're referencing here without more info or some pics. AFAIK all fans use the same connector they always have, with the tab over the 3-pins and little bits to align the connector properly. PWM headers/fans just have a 4th pin added to the end. It can really only fit one way properly, so if it fits it'll probably work.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present