Thread: PC seems slow

Cool PC seems slow

Hello guys

I am running W7 x64 Professional upgraded from XP Professional on a HP xw4400 Workstation. IE 11

Under Control Panel I have at present three programs installed using 215.33 MB. The HD reads 160GB free of 232GB. So it is using 72GB.

Installed Physical memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.12 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 4.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.03 GB
    Page File Space 2.00 GB

Task Manager shows > Processes 38. CPU 50/54% physical memory 47 %.

This computer is very slow to startup or shutdown, and when IE is running I often get ‘msn not responding’.

Can anyone advise, please ?.

Thank you.

Romer

Re: PC seems slow

2GB ram is right on the limit - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...m-requirements

The workstations are old - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/p...r_na-c00775230

If you are saying slow compared to a modern PC or laptop then that's what you will get with such an old work station.

Try an SSD for a Boot Drive to help with start-up times. Add more ram too. The PC might work better with Windows XP.

Re: PC seems slow

Try adding extra memory to your system by adding another hard drive. Or go to your control panel, and from there look for the programs/software that look useless to you or you think that you did not install them. (Sometimes such toolbar and other phishy anti virus software get downloaded without the user even knowing while downloading other programs)
    P.S. your system is old as of now so don't expect it to run on flying speeds like the new ones.