Windows warning apps closing down during shutdown in Windows 10? Abnormal?

Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (version 1511 build 10586.446).

I notice something weird whenever I try to shutdown or restart Windows. Just before shutdown or restart, Windows would flash brief messages about closing certain apps. They include, most commonly, DDE Server Window & Schedule Recover. The warnings flash only briefly and then Windows shutdown or restarts without interruption. This occurs even if I just did a reboot and then shuts down without opening any apps inside Windows.

Back in Windows 7 or Vista days, this usually signifies some apps or programs refusing to close and is hanging up forcing Windows to close them. Is this true also for Widows 10? What can I do to try to troubleshoot this?

Re: Windows warning apps closing down during shutdown in Windows 10? Abnormal?

So windows do not give any option to force stop/cancel the programs and than switch off abruptly? Do the programs open by default when you restart again??

Re: Windows warning apps closing down during shutdown in Windows 10? Abnormal?

There is no choice given to you to cancel. It is more of a notification message that appears during the shut down process and then just disappears by itself. It is more than just mere annoyance as it means there is some processes that is refusing to shut off properly as the system shuts down.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy oltman View Post
    So windows do not give any option to force stop/cancel the programs and than switch off abruptly? Do the programs open by default when you restart again??