Help with Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 mobo NIC speed

Hi,

Wanted to see if someone might be able to suggest a few things before I ship it back to Gigabyte.

The issue I'm having is I cannot get the NIC to go to 1 GB, it stays at 100 MB. Running Windows 10 Pro.

I can pull a cable out of my work laptop that's showing 1 GB and plug into this mobo and it stays 100 MB - flip it back to laptop and laptop shows 1 GB - so not a cable issue or switch issue.

Was curious if someone got one and had a similar issue and was able to resolve it?

I've tried newer KillerNIC driver - no change, didn't see newer BIOS, but just want to make sure i've tried everything before it goes back and I wait for it to come back (hopefully fixed / replaced).

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Re: Help with Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 mobo NIC speed

This guy on Tech Powerup's forum gave it a good review, and he mentions the NIC as a pro (no cons mentioned actually :/).

Have you tried multiple ethernet cables to see if that's the issue, and are you sure the one your using isn't a Cat-5 (not Cat-5e)? I don't see how that would make sense if the same cable works in a different computer though.

Only other thing I'd think would be an problem with unlucky motherboard/nic, however I'm definitely not an expert in terms of networking.
    Last edited by Fourty7; 09-14-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Re: Help with Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 mobo NIC speed

Yeah, I've had Gigabytes in the past - no issues, so I just figured I was missing something obvious. Works great otherwise, I just work a lot with moving files around and so it'd be nice it if it worked.

Did try a few other cables - only thing I could think if it was a cable is if the laptop was more tolerant of some issue with a cable, but since it was consistent and definitely had 5e, kept looking for other areas I may have missed.

Thanks!