VGA cooling problem

Hey guys!
    Back in December of 2015 I got an XFX R9 380 card for Xmas. I noticed the other day 1 of the 2 fans was not spinning. I contacted XFX and they were great. They're sending me a new cooler assembly. My questions are... has anyone else has a fan crap out in less than a year? Is this a common thing with this card?
    Does any one have any experience replacing this cooler?
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete

Re: VGA cooling problem

Its not common for a fan to die so quickly, but its also not necessarily a sign of anything in particular... probably just a fluke. I've had several XFX cards and they've generally been top-notch in terms of quality.

I pulled the Double Dissipation coolers off of my old R9 290Xs for watercooling and it wasn't incredibly difficult, though it wasn't exactly a 1 step process. Assuming your cooler isn't too differen't I'd say anyone with some knowledge and comfort level working on computers shouldn't have any issues

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Its not common for a fan to die so quickly, but its also not necessarily a sign of anything in particular... probably just a fluke. I've had several XFX cards and they've generally been top-notch in terms of quality.

I pulled the Double Dissipation coolers off of my old R9 290Xs for watercooling and it wasn't incredibly difficult, though it wasn't exactly a 1 step process. Assuming your cooler isn't too differen't I'd say anyone with some knowledge and comfort level working on computers shouldn't have any issues
    Thanks Activate:
    Pete

sttubs is offline Always learning something

AMD 8350 w/Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Ed - Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/4x4gb GSkill Ripjaws 1600 CL7 - Samsung 850 Evo 500gb - WD Black 5Tb - Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed - Win 10 Pro 64bit - Lite-On iHES108 - White Corsair 500r w/Corsair AX860i 860W - ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=55337
    Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/sttubs/

"has anyone else has a fan crap out in less than a year? Is this a common thing with this card?"

No - its very rare in most any GPU card these days.

My replacement cooler arrived on Thursday. It was a breeze to replace. 4 screws, 1 connector and thermal paste.
    I have to tell ya XFX really cares about their customers. The replacement parts got here really fast and with no problems at all.
    I'll keep buying their products.
    Thanks for all the input from guys too!
    Pete