R9-280X minor issue running Eyefinity

so the monitors are 3x Dell U2414H and 1x XFX R9-280X (only one cos i sold the other)(with 2x mDP, 2x DVI and 1x HDMI port). at the moment i am using 2x mDP to DP and 1x HDMI cable. the center screen has the HDMI and its running at 5760x1080.

with BF1 and GTA5 the center screen gets a horizontal line near the middle where the screen or image on the screen splits or tears but the other screens are fine. it doesn't really happen all that often but in heavy traffic it is extremely distracting.

my question is, how would a GTX 960 Turbo 4gb card with 3x DP ports compare? assuming its lag from the HDMI connection. i also know the the GTX 960 is a step down from the R9-280X according to the video card hierarchy.

thoughts? and thanks.

Re: R9-280X minor issue running Eyefinity

Quote Originally Posted by amd5150 View Post
    so the monitors are 3x Dell U2414H and 1x XFX R9-280X (only one cos i sold the other)(with 2x mDP, 2x DVI and 1x HDMI port). at the moment i am using 2x mDP to DP and 1x HDMI cable. the center screen has the HDMI and its running at 5760x1080.

with BF1 and GTA5 the center screen gets a horizontal line near the middle where the screen or image on the screen splits or tears but the other screens are fine. it doesn't really happen all that often but in heavy traffic it is extremely distracting.

my question is, how would a GTX 960 Turbo 4gb card with 3x DP ports compare? assuming its lag from the HDMI connection. i also know the the GTX 960 is a step down from the R9-280X according to the video card hierarchy.

thoughts? and thanks.
    Have you tried switching the ports around so that the center screen is running of a DP cable? tried changing cables? That should help isolate whether or not its hardware or software related.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: R9-280X minor issue running Eyefinity

eh, i just bought another 1070. problem solved