Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
Results 1,396 to 1,409 of 1409

Thread: President Trump

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ The thing I like about the democrats is their Prius has two gears.

Corrupt and crook...
    All specially equipped with in-seat and under-dash video monitors and view finder system. So they can be safely driven by a driver with his head way up in hisass.
    Hillary +3

"Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

^^ A Heads Up Display would be nice but they can't see it with their heads up the their arse. All that expensive equipment on taxpayer dollars.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

^^ A Heads Up Display would be nice but they can't see it with their heads up the their arse. All that expensive equipment on taxpayer dollars.
    Actually it is a form of Heads Up display - heads uptheass display.
    Hillary +3

System Specifications

If the demorats thing Trump's tweets are so valuable Trump should copywrite them. Or write an executive order protecting them from plagiarism.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...mp-tweets.html
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mr. Trump? I hereby nominate Dennis Rodman as Secretary of State!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rumps-art-deal

All kidding aside, I'll bet he'd have done a better job than Hillary did.
    Not a GoodWhite.

^^^ Taking nothing away from Dennis Rodman. But, who would have done any worse than Hillary? Bawney Frank, Maxine Waters, Henry Waxman, Pehu, TicToc, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer - pretty short list on that one....
    Last edited by SteveW; 06-16-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Hillary +3

System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    But, who would have done any worse than Hillary?
    That's an obvious one: Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Mr. Trump? I hereby nominate Dennis Rodman as Secretary of State!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rumps-art-deal

All kidding aside, I'll bet he'd have done a better job than Hillary did.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^^^ Taking nothing away from Dennis Rodman. But, who would have done any worse than Hillary? Bawney Frank, Maxine Waters, Henry Waxman, Pehu, TicToc, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer - pretty short list on that one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    That's an obvious one: Donald Trump.
    You could be right on that one - fortunately, he's doing a much better job as president than Hillary could have ever dreamed of doing.

Hillary +3

System Specifications

Trump makes first presidential visit to 'rustic' Camp David

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...amp-david.html

Invading Obama's private property ... If he goes to Obambi's private retreat in Hawaii all hell will break loose ...

Who knows maybe he can find Obambi's real birth certificate ...
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Trump makes first presidential visit to 'rustic' Camp David

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...amp-david.html

Invading Obama's private property ... If he goes to Obambi's private retreat in Hawaii all hell will break loose ...

Who knows maybe he can find Obambi's real birth certificate ...
    Who knows, maybe he will find the scarecrow a brain. Until he does, hopefully this will set you straight that Obama had no special ties to Camp David other than he used it like others before him...

Camp David, from FDR through Obama

Meanwhile, on real non-rodent news....

Trump lawyer insists there is no obstruction investigation — but then hedges
    On Twitter on Friday, Trump wrote as part of a tweet about the probe that “I am being investigated.”

On Sunday, Sekulow sought to explain that Trump was using Twitter, a favorite means of communication with his supporters, to address The Post report and was not actually confirming that he is being investigated, despite writing those words.

“The president is not under investigation by the special counsel,” Sekulow told NBC’s Chuck Todd. “The tweet from the president was in response to the five anonymous sources that were purportedly leaking information to The Washington Post about a potential investigation of the president.”

“Nothing has changed” since Comey informed the president that he was not being personally investigated, he said.

The interview turned tense, however, when host Chris Wallace then asked Sekulow about the remainder of Trump’s tweet, in which Trump had complained that he was being investigated for firing Comey by the man who told him to fire Comey.

Wallace asked Sekulow if Trump believes that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who wrote a memo criticizing Comey’s handling of the Clinton email investigation, has done anything wrong.

Sekulow responded that Trump had been getting at a “constitutional issue.”

“He’s being investigated for taking the action that the attorney general and the deputy attorney general recommended him to take, by the agency that recommended he take the action. That’s the constitutional threshold issue,” Sekulow said.

When Wallace pointed out that Sekulow had appeared to agree in his answer that the president is under investigation, the lawyer grew flustered. He said he had only been discussing the constitutional problem posed if the president were being investigated.

“I don’t appreciate you putting words in my mouth when I’ve been crystal clear that the president is not and has not been under investigation,” he said.

“But you don’t know that he’s not under investigation again, sir?” Wallace responded.

“You’re right, Chris. I cannot read the mind of the special prosecutor,” Sekulow responded.

“We’re in agreement then,” Wallace said.

Asked on the CBS show “Face the Nation” how he could know Trump is not under investigation, Sekulow responded: “Because we’ve received no notification of investigation.”

He added that he could not “imagine a scenario” where Trump would be under investigation and not be aware of it.

A prosecutor may inform the subject or target of an investigation that a probe is underway but is under no obligation to do so.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Manual, prosecutors are encouraged to notify investigation targets at a “reasonable time” before seeking an indictment, to provide a target the opportunity to testify in front of a grand jury. But it outlines no requirement of notification, particularly while prosecutors are still gathering evidence.

Sekulow also told CBS on Sunday that Trump remains willing to speak under oath about the Russia matter, as Trump had promised at a Rose Garden news conference earlier this month.

But Sekulow said he has not yet determined whether such a session would take place with Mueller or as part of ongoing congressional investigations into Russian meddling in the election.

Sekulow also said that he thinks Trump will address the question of whether there are recordings of his private conversations with Comey “in the week ahead.”

Sekulow had made a similar promise during interviews last week, but he said the release of information about possible tapes had been delayed by events last week, including Trump’s speech redefining the U.S. relationship with Cuba and the shootings at a Republican congressional baseball practice in Virginia.

On Fox, Wallace asked Sekulow if Trump believes the law allows for a president to be indicted.

Sekulow responded that Trump couldn’t be indicted “because there’s not an investigation.”

“Oh boy, this is weird,” Wallace responded. “You don’t know whether there’s an investigation. You just told us that.”

Sekulow also insisted that Trump’s tweets have posed no problems for his legal team. He said Trump had learned the effectiveness of social media as a communications tool during the campaign.

“Nothing he’s tweeted has caused me any issues whatsoever,” he said. “Nothing.”
    Yeah, right. No tweets, interviews, or public statements like he fired Comey because of that russian thing pose any problem in the world of the trump talking heads of alt reality.

I've got your birf certificate right here...
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

~ Benjamin Franklin
    You might want to read about what Franklin was actually talking about Mr. Obama's Camp David...
    Ben Franklin's Famous 'Liberty, Safety' Quote Lost Its Context In 21st Century
    SIEGEL: What's the exact quotation?

WITTES: The exact quotation, which is from a letter that Franklin is believed to have written on behalf of the Pennsylvania General Assembly, reads, those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

SIEGEL: And what was the context of this remark?

WITTES: He was writing about a tax dispute between the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the family of the Penns, the proprietary family of the Pennsylvania colony who ruled it from afar. And the legislature was trying to tax the Penn family lands to pay for frontier defense during the French and Indian War. And the Penn family kept instructing the governor to veto. Franklin felt that this was a great affront to the ability of the legislature to govern. And so he actually meant purchase a little temporary safety very literally. The Penn family was trying to give a lump sum of money in exchange for the General Assembly's acknowledging that it did not have the authority to tax it.

SIEGEL: So far from being a pro-privacy quotation, if anything, it's a pro-taxation and pro-defense spending quotation.

WITTES: It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. It means, in context, not quite the opposite of what it's almost always quoted as saying but much closer to the opposite than to the thing that people think it means.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

How's the reality tv president doing with all those vacancies?
    Six members of President Trump’s advisory council on HIV/AIDS have resigned
    Its members are concerned that the Trump Administration doesn’t seem have a strategy
    Trump’s empty administration: What’s behind the high number of vacant government jobs
    Clay Johnson, who was in charge of hiring for President George W. Bush in 2000 both during the transition and in the White House, remembers getting down to work planning the Bush transition and lining up candidates for key jobs more than a year before Election Day.

“I started sending names and identifying people 16 months ahead of time,” Johnson said. “The more time you have to get organized and establish relationships with the FBI and the Office of Government Ethics, and different people you consider for jobs, the more time you have, then the faster you can do your work.”

Early preparation was also the practice of subsequent GOP nominees, most notably Mitt Romney, who had a team of hundreds working on transition matters in the final days of his campaign in 2012.

“He was probably the most prepared candidate the week before the election ever in history,” Johnson said.

The Trump transition, by comparison, was riddled with inefficiencies and plagued by staff shakeups right up to, and directly after, the election.
    Trump Family Wedding Planner to Head New York’s Federal Housing Office
    A longtime associate of President Trump’s family, who organized golf tournaments on the president’s courses and planned his son Eric’s wedding, will soon oversee billions of federal dollars as the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s New York and New Jersey office.

Lynne Patton had been working as a senior adviser and director of public engagement at HUD for several months before Ben Carson, the department secretary, recommended her for the new role, a person close to Mr. Carson said. Before that, Ms. Patton had no experience in housing policy.

The appointment of a Trump family loyalist to a key government post fits a pattern. His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, work in White House offices. Dan Scavino Jr., who was the president’s caddie, is the director of social media. His longtime bodyguard, Keith Schiller, has become such an important White House figure that he hand-delivered the dismissal papers to James Comey, the former F.B.I. director.

Nonetheless, the appointment of Ms. Patton elicited incredulous responses in New York.

“Like many things in the Trump universe, we’re dealing with things we’ve never seen before,” Mayor Bill de Blasio, who held the same post during the Clinton administration, said in a weekly radio interview on WNYC. “Folks in that role historically have had substantial background in government or in housing.”

Meanwhile, what does the great white hope think about?

And the press finally calls him out...
    President Trump Says He Has Higher Approval Ratings Than Obama. That’s Not True

President Donald Trump unleashed a series of tweets Sunday morning, touting a poll that showed him with a 50% approval rating, which he said was higher than his predecessor.

But that wasn't all true.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking poll did show President Trump with a 50% approval rating on Friday, June 16 — the first time Trump had reached this high of an approval rating since April, the pollsters noted.
    But on June 16, 2009, then-President Obama had a 56% approval rating under the same poll. And on June 18, 2009, Obama had a 55% approval rating.

Other polls show Trump with much lower approval ratings than all of his predecessors, not just Barack Obama.
    As of June 13, the Gallup daily tracking poll showed that just 36% approve of the job Trump is doing as President, while 60% disapprove. The poll provides daily approval ratings dating back to Harry Truman, and Trump is the only President to hit a 60% disapproval rating within the first four-and-a-half months of his presidency.

On Sunday, Trump also called Rasmussen "one of the most accurate polls" of the 2016 election, but they inaccurately predicted a Clinton electoral college victory — as many polls did.In August 2016, Rasmussen Reports received a C+ overall from FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver. Gallup received a B-.

hmm. What is that higher rated pollster showing...

Damn. I don't even see a 50% line showing...

That's a mighty long post to say Trump is at 50%. You sure wouldn't know it from the MSM.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme ButtHurt View Post

How's the reality tv president doing with all those vacancies?
    Six members of President Trump’s advisory council on HIV/AIDS have resigned

Trump’s empty administration: What’s behind the high number of vacant government jobs

Trump Family Wedding Planner to Head New York’s Federal Housing Office

Meanwhile, what does the great white hope think about?

And the press finally calls him out...
    President Trump Says He Has Higher Approval Ratings Than Obama. That’s Not True

hmm. What is that higher rated pollster showing...

Damn. I don't even see a 50% line showing...
    Trump is doing far better than Captain Tlelprompter - thanks for asking.

I see you are still struggling with your little problem - poor thing. Try and insert the suppositories a little further in....

Hillary +3

System Specifications