Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216
Results 3,226 to 3,233 of 3233

Thread: President Trump

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I like how he acts as if he was there.
    I was in DC. Where were you with all these pitiful opinions of others being expressed by you?

Oh yeah. Not there at all. Go gaslight someone else who cares.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

You *were* in DC, but by your own account you departed before the Salute to America. Kind of renders your views of the event as equal to Dutch's, at best, and little more than bitchin' for bitchin's sake at worst. To you it matters not that Trump spent his entire speech praising a diverse group from our nation's past, and had several folks from all backgrounds as honored guests. As an Engineering nerd I was particularly impressed that he had Gene Kranz on hand, but that's just me.

Yeah, Trump can be a real @ss, and he goes out of his way to be one often. Not a fan of that style, but by gosh he's done more than I would have thought possible to reverse much of the previous President's "work". If he could bring that same level of success to bridging partisan divides, he really would be one of the greatest Presidents we've had. Unfortunately he seems intent on the opposite, but even that isn't all bad when you've got the other side sprinting farther left each day.

Quote Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

I was in DC. Where were you with all these pitiful opinions of others being expressed by you?

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post

I was in DC before the event also. A few years, but hey, didn't act like I was at the event when l wasn't.

Gaslighting? WTF is that? No electricity? Or tryin' to be AOC cool with the hip new trigger terms?

I was in DC before the event also. A few years, but hey, didn't act like I was at the event when l wasn't.

Gaslighting? WTF is that? No electricity? Or tryin' to be AOC cool with the hip new trigger terms?
    Is that what they call lighting your own farts nowadayz?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    You *were* in DC, but by your own account you departed before the Salute to America. Kind of renders your views of the event as equal to Dutch's, at best, and little more than bitchin' for bitchin's sake at worst. To you it matters not that Trump spent his entire speech praising a diverse group from our nation's past, and had several folks from all backgrounds as honored guests. As an Engineering nerd I was particularly impressed that he had Gene Kranz on hand, but that's just me.

Yeah, Trump can be a real @ss, and he goes out of his way to be one often. Not a fan of that style, but by gosh he's done more than I would have thought possible to reverse much of the previous President's "work". If he could bring that same level of success to bridging partisan divides, he really would be one of the greatest Presidents we've had. Unfortunately he seems intent on the opposite, but even that isn't all bad when you've got the other side sprinting farther left each day.
    Sure. Of course you think Dutch.

You lost me on the ‘gee, do you think the rnc and trump 2020 committee getting a lock on the special vip section up front open only to donors makes for a campaign event?’
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Still ignorant proud I see.