Problem No boot no POST sounds

Hello guys!
    Got some problems with my desktop PC yesterday and I need some type of guidance.
    The short story is that it does not boot.

The long story is that I came home, my sister told me about the PC is refusing to boot and I started looking into it. This happened to me before, usually that means that is was not loading RAM configuration, I removed RAM and left only one stick but still it refused to boot and that was very weird.
    I started looking more carefully into it and I noticed that GPU card fans do not spin. When I power on the PC they start spinning but 2 seconds later they stop. I though it can be power supply, luckily I have one spare so I tried it but the end result is the same.
    In that case I just removed everything: all RAM sticks, GPU, storage disks, all USB peripherals and networking, the only thing that I was left is CPU.
    I power it on expecting POST error sounds but I get nothing, absolutely nothing. That leaves me with motherboard or CPU causing problems.

Here comes the question: how can I check where is the problem ?

I have no POST error sounds, that makes me think that the problems is in motherboard, but I looked online and I did not find conclusive affirmations that POST is entirely motherboard based. Has POST process have something to do with CPU also?

I will update this post with some videos when they are uploaded to YouTube.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT 1:
    Missed information:
    When trying to shut down by maintaining power button the PC refuses to shut down, the only option is to power off power supply.

Videos:
    GPU no spin: https://youtu.be/K8kvbfkM2x4
    No shut down with power button: https://youtu.be/Vgu74oi8ugk
    No boot no POST error sounds: https://youtu.be/_E6KDImPVGc

PC information:
    CPU: AMD Athlon 2 X4 630
    Motherboard: Asus M4A77TD
    GPU: AMD HD7850
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB + 2x2GB
    Power supply: Corsair GS600 / Nox Urano 2
    Last edited by nichitapavel; 11-13-2016 at 07:34 AM. Reason: New info

Re: No boot no POST sounds

You can ask your friends if they have a compatible system and test your CPU on their computer. If it works, then you can rule out the CPU.

Also, does your motherboard have a built-in speaker? If not, or there isn't one attached to the motherboard, that may be why you're not hearing any POST codes.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    You can ask your friends if they have a compatible system and test your CPU on their computer. If it works, then you can rule out the CPU.
    Thats an option, but I was wondering if there is something else with same end result.

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    Also, does your motherboard have a built-in speaker? If not, or there isn't one attached to the motherboard, that may be why you're not hearing any POST codes.
    Well, yes and no, the motherboard itself does not have a built-in speaker, but the case has. The case speaker was connected all the time. I have been hearing the beep sound for the last 7 years.

I have lying around a Intel PC and I thought it would be nice to give it a try with and without CPU to see if I get any POST beeps. This was done in order to see if CPU has something to do with beeps.
    The short answer is that with CPU I got beeps, without CPU I got no beeps! I do not know if AMD and Intel follow same specification regarding to POST, but this kind of discards my main thought the motherboard was the problem.
    Below you can see videos of Intel POST check.

Intel no cpu no POST beep: https://youtu.be/gJKbcu9k2ss
    Intel with cpu and POST beep: https://youtu.be/nErmB3GqhBk

Not likely the CPU, very rarely do they go bad unless you mess up the HSF seating. Most likely your motherboard. One quick visual is look for capacitors that are bulging or leaking a brown goo. This is still a very common failure point on MBs that are 2 to 4 years old.

All the tops of the caps must be flat, not lifted or bulging.
    Last edited by onetech; 11-18-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Click here to visit Onetech's website
    Popup blocker advised!

"Cutting edge technology is for those who like to bleed." Onetech

Quote Originally Posted by onetech View Post
    Not likely the CPU, very rarely do they go bad unless you mess up the HSF seating. Most likely your motherboard. One quick visual is look for capacitors that are bulging or leaking a brown goo. This is still a very common failure point on MBs that are 2 to 4 years old.
    All the tops of the caps must be flat, not lifted or bulging.
    I looked for capacitors that are bulging or leaking a brown goo and none of them have it. Everyone seems to be ok, and I looked very closely just to be sure.
    For HSF I highly doubt it is the problem. It worked fine for a long time without touching it, sudden failure is not that likely.
    I was wondering if my power supply delivers unstable voltages and fried my CPU somehow, but I do not have nothing to measure. Maybe there is some kind of software that I could to test it on different PC. My read some reviews to see what people use.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!
    I went with my motherboard to a local tech shop. They checked it and said that is broken, they based their affirmation on fact that pins for case speaker, power, reset, IDE and PLED did not provide the specified voltages. This sounds a little strange for me, so I went out and I bought a multi-meter for my self to check the voltages. This is what I got:

For the previous pins this is what I got: case speaker 0-5V (variable), power 5.12V, reset 3.45V, IDE 1.58V and PLED 0V.
    This CPU is an AMD propus, I searched online and saw that V core values should be between 0.9V - 1.425V, this is why the value of 2.2V from bare cpu photo seems strange to me, the same could be true for back plate photo with values of 1.5V, although this seems more normal.
    Also I find strange the CPU capacitors (the 4 rows with 2 capacitors each at the left of fan) have different voltages, the top with 1.15V and all others 1.10V.
    One think That I find "interesting" is that every capacitor has a 6.3V written on top, but I never saw that value. Is it top supported voltage?

This is my first time with this type measures, any help or corrections are appreciated.
    Kisses!

in the end i replaced the motherboard and it worked ok.