Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Re: Trump About Is Fair Play: GOP Reality vs Promise

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Right. As if a vb feature that can be turned off or on is something you can debate as something you don't believe in.

Tell you what, dutch. I won't reach out to wise. I'll give you another chance as a moderator to actually moderate something beyond what you believe in.

If this thread goes back into the personal attack and insult mode again away from the topic of 'you guys held Obama to an extreme position of perfection from day one and turn about is fair play" then we'll revisit whether or not I can close my own thread. And that includes what your 'stinky' friend does. Try actual moderating for a change, and not showing us what power you hold in being able to reverse what a poster can do.
    So you're back to whine about moderating and to threaten with going to the higher ups. Typical grown-up Democrat who can't stand on his own.

For what its worth, I haven't moderated content here for quite some time, except for spam. Its simply not worth the hassle.

If you want to cry to Wise or Ryan again, be my guest. I certainly don't care one way or the other.

Right. As if a vb feature that can be turned off or on is something you can debate as something you don't believe in.

Tell you what, dutch. I won't reach out to wise. I'll give you another chance as a moderator to actually moderate something beyond what you believe in.

If this thread goes back into the personal attack and insult mode again away from the topic of 'you guys held Obama to an extreme position of perfection from day one and turn about is fair play" then we'll revisit whether or not I can close my own thread. And that includes what your 'stinky' friend does. Try actual moderating for a change, and not showing us what power you hold in being able to reverse what a poster can do.
    Pardon me if I butt in on personal feud. This is a place of free speech not a place where one individual can control free speech. You closed a thread because it didn't meet your imposed standards and the moderator opened it. You are so MSM, college campus, Obambi and Hillary like it stinks of double standard hypocrisy...

As far as I can remember back every political thread I've seen wanders of topic at some point. Don't feel like the last of Mohicans s*it happens. Maybe you ought to try Riddit. You don't understand human nature. Human nature is naturally competitive and combative... It is what it is... Nobody can change it rules or no rules... Trying to control free speech is fools gold.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Speaking of making comparisons over the next four years.

The trump gig is up. We now know what we suspected...

A Trump Surrogate Drops the Mic: 'There's No Such Thing as Facts'
    Finally, Scottie Nell Hughes spells it out for us.
    there such a thing as truth? The past 18 months posed this seemingly absurd question. It's not whether something Donald Trump says is true, but about whether anyone even cares. Trump's campaign made a bet that enough voters didn't (or couldn't) tell the difference in a deluge of information, and that bet paid off. Trump won the most important election in decades. His surrogate Scott Nell Hughes explicitly confirmed that whole strategy yesterday.

Hughes joined The Diane Rehm Show to discuss the media's role in covering the Trump administration. If the campaign and transition are anything to go on, Trump's White House will not overly concern itself with reality. The whole segment is here, but another member of the panel, The Atlantic's James Fallows, flagged one particular moment of the conversation. Around the 14-minute mark, Hughes illustrated a defining principle of Trumpism: There's no longer such thing as fact, because anything is true if enough people believe it.

"Well, I think it's also an idea of an opinion. And that's—on one hand, I hear half the media saying that these are lies. But on the other half, there are many people that go, 'No, it's true.' And so one thing that has been interesting this entire campaign season to watch, is that people that say facts are facts—they're not really facts. Everybody has a way—it's kind of like looking at ratings, or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth, or not truth. There's no such thing, unfortunately, anymore as facts.
    "And so Mr. Trump's tweet, amongst a certain crowd—a large part of the population—are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some—amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies and that there are no facts to back it up."
    This is an astounding claim.

It's an attack not on Trump's detractors, but on the idea of objective reality. Modern society is built on the idea we can observe things in the world, use the scientific method to verify them and form a consensus that a certain set of things are true. This set of things constitutes the reality in which we live. Hughes, Trump, and his campaign have set out to undermine all of that in order to claim that the truth is anything they want it to be right now—as long as enough of the people who support them believe it.

(No, this idea did not begin with Trump, but he seems to have perfected it.)
    Gents. Lets spell this out in TLR terms. You want me to say how many illegals voted in the last election after trump claimed millions voted without giving us proof? Why should I give any validity to a view until that view becomes even remotely valid?

The Stein recounts are on specifically to prove the validity of the election. Funny how trump and trump PACs are suing to stop recounts saying there is no proof for a need. Trump irony. Gotta love it.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Pardon me if I butt in on personal feud. This is a place of free speech not a place where one individual can control free speech. You closed a thread because it didn't meet your imposed standards and the moderator opened it. You are so MSM, college campus, Obambi and Hillary like it stinks of double standard hypocrisy...

As far as I can remember back every political thread I've seen wanders of topic at some point. Don't feel like the last of Mohicans s*it happens. Maybe you ought to try Riddit. You don't understand human nature. Human nature is naturally competitive and combative... It is what it is... Nobody can change it rules or no rules... Trying to control free speech is fools gold.
    Really? Did I fight for my right in a private forum or did I let it go? What's your problem, tucker, besides focusing on wandering when that wandering was nothing other than a personal attack on me? There was no topic other than insult. That's why I chose to close it. And now it isn't. For now.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post

Glad I got honorable mention in the whining, along side Dutch. Thanks! Makes me proud to know it gets under your skin.

What you can do crybaby is to leave. You are hereby fully empowered to leave. Instead, you come back in the typical passive/aggressive style.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Really? Did I fight for my right in a private forum or did I let it go? What's your problem, tucker, besides focusing on wandering when that wandering was nothing other than a personal attack on me? There was no topic other than insult. That's why I chose to close it. And now it isn't. For now.
    I could but I won't... No comment is the best course...
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TicToc View Post

Dang, you are very astute. But, keep in mind you're not in control here and feel free to leave any time you want.

"Trump About Is Fair Play: GOP Reality vs Promise"

You start an inflammatory thread in and of itself, then go into the "Whining Victim" crybaby liberal mode when you get thrashed. What's the next tactic?

Poor thing - get a life.
    System Specifications

^ The seventh inning stretch is over. Play Ball and don't forget the popcorn.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

^ In the end, I'm left wondering which "Persona" he uses when whining to site owners - partiot4us, otoc, TicToc, Stinky? Seems to be an element of confusion there.

Personally, I think it's a cry for help - what he really wants is a nice hug and to be comforted by Dutch - a reassurance he'll "spank" the bullies for picking on him.

The guy breaks all the rules, then whines when he loses at the game he started. FLIP-FLOPS from aggressor to victim. Geez, isn't that the standard Radical Left template of behaviors?
    System Specifications

^^^OK then. It's settled. And you all had your last words about the topic you prefer, so there shouldn't be any complaining.