computer flaking out, any ideas on what might be wrong?
OK, so it's over 7 years old (SkaarjMasterDuo computer in sig) and has glitched a little over the past 2-3 years, but what it did tonight was bizarre:
1. Locked up when I was switching screen in Google Chrome
2. Rebooted and extra "......" appeared all over screen and bootup stuff was a little messes up, then windows eventually gave BSOD (rebooted and another BSOD), so
3. Rebooted and same thing (now I was nervous) but then it gave pixelated glitches with a "Minecraft-like" appearance (so I figured maybe only the video card), so
4. I opened it up and cleaned all dust inside with canned-air, then
5. Rebooted and same thing, so
6. I decided to try and copy data to my laptop, but it wouldn't recognize the old computer with pixelated screen on.
At this point, I figured it might be toast, so I rebooted one more time and it actually booted into Windows no problem. I transfered some important data to laptop, disk imaged a few partitions and now I have to go to bed. Anyone know what the problem might be? Thank you.
Skaarj-laptop:Asus G750JW-NH71,Win8.1,Corei7-4700HQ,12GB DDR3 RAM,Nvidia GTX 765M 2GB,Realtek HD,TSST CDDVDW SN-208DN,WDC 750GB HD...
SkaarjMasterDuo:WinXPSP3, Core2Duo E8600(Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P),Noctua NH-C12P,4GB Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 RAM,Nvidia EVGA GTX-280 1GB,SB Audigy2 6.1,Klipsch 5.1 sats,Dayton sub,Pioneer VSX-819H-K rec,,Enermax 850W PSU,Lian-Li PC-71B full tower,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T,2-1TB WD HDs.....
Dragonslayer (at Mom's house now): WinXPSP3, P4 3.2GHz(Asus P4P800-Deluxe),Thermalright SLK-947U,3GB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM,ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256MB,VGA Silencer,SB Audigy2 5.1,Seasonic 500W PSU,Silverstone FT01-B mid tower,LG DVD burner,Asus E616P3..
Dragon1: (off for now, will not boot) Win98SE, AthlonXP 1900+(Soyo SY-K7V Dragon+),Thermalright AX-7, 512MB Crucial 2.5 DDR PC2100 SDRAM MSI GeF4Ti4400,SB AudigyGamer,Enermax 431W PSU...