To PRO or not to PRO

Hey guys I have a couple of quick questions. I'm looking to buy windows 10.
    1. Should I buy the Home or Pro version. I will be getting the 64bit.
    2. Is the OEM just as good as the full version?
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete

Re: To PRO or not to PRO

1. Pro is designed for Active Directory Domain / security stuff or you want all the bells and whistles. Home just won't support the domain security stuff and a few other items. I got the free updates to pro on my home gaming computers but I can't tell the difference vs. Home in speed or operations. Home has a little less RAM support too but if you don't need more 128GB you will be fine.

2. OEM means you get your Windows support from the company you buy the software/computer from, otherwise pay for a call to Microsoft. I buy OEM only, when was the last time you heard of anyone trying to call MS with a windows issue? All my customers call me for service and support. Retail versions mean you get some initial MS support if you get the OS buggered up.

Click here to visit Onetech's website
    Popup blocker advised!

"Cutting edge technology is for those who like to bleed." Onetech

Re: To PRO or not to PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onetech View Post
    1. Pro is designed for Active Directory Domain / security stuff or you want all the bells and whistles. Home just won't support the domain security stuff and a few other items. I got the free updates to pro on my home gaming computers but I can't tell the difference vs. Home in speed or operations. Home has a little less RAM support too but if you don't need more 128GB you will be fine.

2. OEM means you get your Windows support from the company you buy the software/computer from, otherwise pay for a call to Microsoft. I buy OEM only, when was the last time you heard of anyone trying to call MS with a windows issue? All my customers call me for service and support. Retail versions mean you get some initial MS support if you get the OS buggered up.
    Thanks onetech. Sounds like OEM is still the way to go. That's all I ever bought too. I've been building my own rigs since XP was out.
    I had the free upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 pro. It did give me the 10 pro initially until I had to do a "Clean install". The OS would not validate so I did have to call MS on this particular situation. The tech I was talking to said that Home edition was the only OS available when performing a clean install from the upgrade. Seems kinda fishy to me but any way I have seen a few differences but I didnt know if it was from a botched install, Home edition differences in regards to PRO or the "clean install" leaving out some features.
    Anyway Thanks for your input.
    Pete