Hi guys,

Looking for some advice here. I have a single hard drive on this older machine. It works fine, but I notice quite often when gaming or when doing adobe premiere that I'm very much hard drive throttled.

The task manager will show the disk column in deep red with 100% usage. It's slammed. This is not constant, just when it really needs to think about something =)

I'm wondering if adding a raid card to the board that can support m.2 drives or some other plug and play solution would help me here. That way I could push off games and other often used hard drive intense things to those drives.

Would this help or would this be more work than necessary? At this point from my inspection of the task manager, I'm never CPU bound or limited by my graphics card even though they are older at this point, it's always the harddrive. But I don't know if I want to rebuild the machine and replace the current drive..

Thoughts and advice very much welcome. Thanks a ton!

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.161024-1825)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970