Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: would you upgrade ?

ok newest info :
    I was not real happy with my current install so I did a fresh install of windows 7 , and it worked just fine . I was able to get all the updates installed . Just do not install KB4012218
    I see no reason for MS to not support kabby lake on windows 7 . after all it is basicly the same as a skylake and is backwards compatable ... x86 is still x86 no matter what the core name is

edit does no one find this interesting ?
    Last edited by brothergc; 04-02-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

almost 2000 views and hardly any replies . This site is dead
    sad indeed

Just glad you found the work-around. Some form of official Win7 support is likely for years, so you aren't really forced to upgrading into Win10 (unless you want to) any time soon. Although you are missing DX12 support in this case? Not that it is absolutely necessary or often even beneficial though (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Just glad you found the work-around. Some form of official Win7 support is likely for years, so you aren't really forced to upgrading into Win10 (unless you want to) any time soon. Although you are missing DX12 support in this case? Not that it is absolutely necessary or often even beneficial though (for now).
    thank you for the reply I was starting to think I was just posting to myself ! LOL
    I been doing some testing with this 7600k and windows 7 , I have seen no reason why it should not be supported . I have gamed for hours , all stable . Everything just works , to make a long story short . This is nothing more then Microsoft strong arming people into upgrading to windows 10 just like they tryed to shove windows 10 down everyones throat when it was 1st released as a free upgrade .
    I find no real reason to upgrade . Lets see dx12 nope mass effect andromada is dx 11
    Cortanna . what a waste of resources
    Edge browser a waste of space IMO
    Micrsoft store , useless
    will they ever learn ?

realy liking this new kabby lake 7600K got to do some tweekin' and wow ! very snappy even though I am only at 4.2GHz sure I could push it more but I am just happy as it is . Definate improvement over the core I3 6320
    Here is something I found interesting , windows 7 is not parking the cpu . ( not that I am complaining ) all cores are showing active in the task monitor and proformance monitor . I did nothing to tweak this setting , windows is doing it
    Last edited by brothergc; 04-08-2017 at 09:05 PM.