Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Re: Trump administration foreign policy & National Security

Trump won't back down from saying 'Mission Accomplished' in Syria

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ria/518494002/

Comparing one air strike to a never ending war is a hideous misrepresentation. Victory was accomplished but Obambi threw that victory in the dumpster. ISIS enters stage left...
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

^^^Oh god...O-BAMA!!!

I can always count on you guys bringing focus back to Obama with this administration.

Speaking of Syria...
    ‘I Don’t Get Confused,’ Nikki Haley Says, Rebuffing White House in Sanctions Dispute
    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Nikki R. Haley, the ambassador to the United Nations, fired back at the White House on Tuesday, denying that she had been confused when she announced on Sunday that the Trump administration would impose new sanctions on Russia.

“With all due respect, I don’t get confused,” she told Dana Perino of Fox News.

She was responding to a comment earlier in the day by Larry Kudlow, the president’s new national economics adviser who was briefing reporters in Florida before President Trump’s meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan.

“She got ahead of the curve,” Mr. Kudlow said. “She’s done a great job. She’s a very effective ambassador, but there might have been some momentary confusion about that.”

The episode was a rare public glimpse of a squabble inside an administration that is rife with them, and Mr. Kudlow moved quickly to try to defuse the conflict.

Shortly after Ms. Haley’s tart retort was read on the air, Mr. Kudlow told The New York Times, he spoke with her by telephone and apologized for his remark, saying he had misspoken based on incomplete information.

“She was certainly not confused,” Mr. Kudlow said in a brief interview. “I was wrong to say that — totally wrong.”

“As it turns out, she was basically following what she thought was policy,” Mr. Kudlow added. “The policy was changed and she wasn’t told about it, so she was in a box.”

On Monday, White House officials said Mr. Trump had not yet decided whether to impose sanctions on Russian companies found to be aiding Syria’s chemical weapons program. That contradicted Ms. Haley, who had said a day earlier that the president would take that step.

Mr. Kudlow declined to say when the decision on Russia sanctions was changed, saying only: “She was following policy as she knew it. The policy got changed late, and she wasn’t told.”

Mr. Kudlow was the first senior White House official to place the blame directly on Ms. Haley, and he did so at a briefing on an unrelated topic, Mr. Trump’s two days of meetings with Mr. Abe here.

Asked to explain the discrepancy between her and the administration at that briefing, Mr. Kudlow said, “The issue here is, we have a set of sanctions, and additional sanctions are under consideration but not been determined.”

“If you talk to Steve Mnuchin at Treasury, and so forth, he will tell you the same thing,” Mr. Kudlow said, referring to the Treasury secretary. “They are in charge of this.”
    What do the russians have on this administration that can't get policy communicated within its administration? And speaking of Obama, could you imagine what posts would be made in TLR had this romper room display happen in his administration?
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

^^^ Well Tulip you should be glad there’s momentary confusion in the president’s staff unlike Obambi who micromanaged his suck butt staff..

― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot4us View Post
    ^^^Oh gosh...my Butt hurts!!!

I can always count on you guys bringing focus back to Obama with this administration.

Speaking of Syria...
    ‘I Don’t Get Confused,’ Nikki Haley Says, Rebuffing White House in Sanctions Dispute

What do the russians have on this administration that can't get policy communicated within its administration? And speaking of Obama, could you imagine what posts would be made in TLR had this romper room display happen in his administration?
    One can only imagine...

"Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^^ Well Tulip you should be glad there’s momentary confusion in the president’s staff unlike Obambi who micromanaged his suck butt staff..
    Oh really tucker? Drawing lines in the sand don't matter now with our current president? An administration mistake of this magnitude is merely 'momentary confusion'? Priceless...
    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 4:59 AM - 9 Sep 2013

Don't attack Syria - an attack that will bring nothing but trouble for the U.S. Focus on making our country strong and great again!
    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 29 Aug 2013

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 30 Aug 2013

If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!
    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 30 Aug 2013

"@jenconservative: @RKDrake @realDonaldTrump I would be totally surprised if the US even HAS any money to spend on Syria!!" We don't!
    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 10 Sep 2013

"@ASBrowntown: .@realDonaldTrump you want to send more Americans out to war? Why don't you sign up?" I am against an attack on Syria dummy!
    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 7 Sep 2013

"@gretawire: PresObama is not busy talking to Congress about Syria..he is playing golf ...go figure"
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain ButtHurt View Post

Oh really 4ucker? Drawing lines in the sand don't matter now with our current president? An administration mistake of this magnitude is merely 'momentary confusion'? Priceless...
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

After North Korea triumph Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, not Obama

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...not-obama.html

He must be joking Trump the Noble Peace Prize ... Not Obambi ... That’s as far fetched as me winning the Noble Peace Prize for doing nothing like Obambi ... Ridiculous, ain’t going to happen...
    ― George Carlin

South Korean president: Trump 'should win the Nobel Peace Prize'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ace-prize.html

In my opinion tyrant communist dictators never change it goes against everything Communism stands for and what it is. But in the slim chance something good comes out of this it will be a remarkable example of strength, punishment and diplomacy like never seen before. I’m sure TT would agree as he looks through the radical left knothole in the pink Prius....
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    South Korean president: Trump 'should win the Nobel Peace Prize'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ace-prize.html

In my opinion tyrant communist dictators never change it goes against everything Communism stands for and what it is. But in the slim chance something good comes out of this it will be a remarkable example of strength, punishment and diplomacy like never seen before. I’m sure TT would agree as he looks through the radical left knothole in the pink Prius....
    If they do give Trump one (God imagine how much they would HATE doing that) Trump should promptly have it melted down and turned into the handle for a toilet plunger. Once they ask how and why he could do such a thing he can just Tweet: "Obama has one so I know the value of this thing was nothing. I decided to make better use of it."
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    If they do give Trump one (God imagine how much they would HATE doing that) Trump should promptly have it melted down and turned into the handle for a toilet plunger. Once they ask how and why he could do such a thing he can just Tweet: "Obama has one so I know the value of this thing was nothing. I decided to make better use of it."

Funny... and perfect.

Trump answers Netanyahu bombshell on Iran: ‘Not an acceptable situation’

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...situation.html

Runthat treaty through the shredder. While you’re at it run Obambi and Kerry through the shredder...
    ― George Carlin

Why Trump's promise to move US Embassy to Jerusalem is so controversial

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...roversial.html

Now the embassy move is all about evangelicals... I call horses*** ... I’m not an evangelical and I’m glad Trump made the move. The dream that Israelis and Palestinians can someday live in peace is a false dream... It just ain’t going to happen the hatred runs to deep... For example look what hate and division are doing to this country...
    ― George Carlin

Re: Trump administration foreign policy & National Securit

White House pulls out of summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...m-jong-un.html

Oh double My... Trump calls the communist dictator Un’s bluff. More sancations and pain required... The other option is death in a precision air strike...
    ― George Carlin

^^ Never trust a communist it’s hazardous to your health... Ask the demorats...
    ― George Carlin

Trump welcomes 'productive' statement from North Korea, says Dems 'rooting against' talks

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...nst-talks.html

My favorite four words of wisdom...

Never Trust A Communist(.)
    Last edited by tucker; 05-25-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    ― George Carlin