Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Trump administration foreign policy & National Security

Quote Originally Posted by baghdad bob View Post
    i'm guessing trump's answer, besides massaging his ego, was meant to point out he'd do anything to win the white house.

Israeli reporter calls out Trump for ‘xenophobia and racist tones’ — but president brags he won

edit: 'A resurgence of white nationalism': Hate groups spiked in 2016

bb
    Yes, we've noticed: "A resurgence of white nationalism: hate groups spiked in 2016"

Really the only thing you "overlooked" is the overwhelming amount anti-Trump activity, BLM and other radical movements.
    Last edited by SteveW; 02-16-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ To prove his antisemitic bonafides, Trump should put his Jewish grandkids in a camp.

Trump, asked about reports of anti-Semitic threats nationwide, says he's not anti-Semitic

Asked on Thursday how his government plans to respond to reports of anti-Semitic threats, President Donald Trump declared that he is “the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life,” told a reporter to be quiet, and accused him of asking a “very insulting question.”

The reporter, Jake Turx of the Jewish publication Ami Magazine, did not accuse Trump of being anti-Semitic — he specifically said otherwise — but Trump responded as if he had, engaging in an attack on the news media and offering no response to the problem Turx outlined.

“I haven't seen anybody in my community accuse either yourself or anyone on your staff of being anti-Semitic,” Turx told Trump. “However, what we are concerned about, and what we haven't really heard being addressed, is an uptick in anti-Semitism and how the government is planning to take care of it.”

He continued: “There have been reports that 48 bomb threats have been made against Jewish centers all across the country in the last couple of weeks. There are people who are committing anti-Semitic acts or threats —”

“He said he was going to ask a very simple, easy question. And it’s not. Not a simple question, not a fair question,” Trump said, interrupting Turx. “OK, sit down, I understand the rest of your question.”
    bb
    Last edited by baghdad bob; 02-16-2017 at 03:47 PM.

^^^ So what's your point? That some people are antisemitic but not Trump?

^^^ So what's your point? That some people are antisemitic but not Trump?
    His points are always the same. Trump is Hitler and whites are all racist. That about sums up every post BB has ever made. Btw, where are all the concentration camps? Shouldn't we have them by now seeing as Adolf Hitler reincarnated has supposedly become President? Also I've noticed the only burning going on is not by Nazis but by people calling themselves "protesters." One can assume the protesters are the new Nazis I suppose.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

^^^ I think what bb is pushing for is more Muslim immigrants to stem the tide of anti-Semitism.

I think it's all part of being a Previlaged White guy. Once a slave owner always a slave owner.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

^^^ I think what bb is pushing for is more Muslim immigrants to stem the tide of anti-Semitism.
    He likes Camel Shaggers?

I know TicToc does, but didn't think bb had swung the gate quite that far open.
    System Specifications

McCain in Germany says Trump administration in 'disarray'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-disarray.html

Let there be no doubt about McShame criticizing a sitting president in a foreign country is as low as it gets. The hero is a vindictive washed up old establishment relic.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

^^^ Funny part of that is, who the hell cares what John McCain thinks about anything?
    System Specifications

^ Only MSM and the democrats... who the hell cares what they say... irrelevant...
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

I'd be ok with Bolton, surprised his name did not surface earlier...

Ted Cruz: Why not John Bolton for national security advisor?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^^^ Funny part of that is, who the hell cares what John McCain thinks about anything?
    It does help... whatever McLame thinks, when in doubt, go the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    McCain in Germany says Trump administration in 'disarray'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-disarray.html

Let there be no doubt about McShame criticizing a sitting president in a foreign country is as low as it gets. The hero is a vindictive washed up old establishment relic.
    Calling a war hero names for speaking his mind that differs from your perception of alt reality is pretty low to me. About as low as inferring mccain was a loser for getting captured by the guy with bone spurs in, ahh I forget what foot, to get out of the vietnam draft.

There's a reason the intel organization is leaking documents and won't brief your manchurian candidate. They are afraid. I wonder if other countries will follow suit. That's not a good foreign policy. At least in sane minds.

So the MSM is your enemy now, screw the constitution. You have foxnews, about as MSM as they get, breitbart, infowars, and the busload of sites that get quoted here. Talk about orwellian fake news. Democrats are idiots. Rain during a swearing in, is now sun. A win is the greatest evah, because 3 million illegals voted, and busloads of people from massachusetts went to new hampshire. Crowds that weren't the largest are now the greatest evah. Russia didn't hack this election, it's democrats whining about losing. Alt reality.

I'm so glad the real world isn't what you and the handful of friends have created here. Yet. While trump supporters don't seem to care what is going on, some of us see. Anger isn't coming from the left. It is being nurtured on the right, just like orwell wrote. What's coming from the left is a protest to the madness. Own it. All you guys do is complain and incite, even here. And then you have your hissy fits that someone reacts to what you say and make it all about them with total denial. Funny how TLR is a microcosm of what this country could be, right down to your leader here.

But you still have people like me, bb, and pehu coming back. And all you guys can do is put on those blinders, blow up posts you don't read into blatant extremes that weren't there, and act like you are justified in your dismissal. It's like a formula we aren't supposed to see because you think we are idiots.

"War is peace." Lot's of talk about war.

"Freedom is slavery." That nasty free press.

"Ignorance is strength.” The typical trump press conference.

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.” It's ok when it suits your side, treason if it doesn't.

Want to know what's going on with your populist alt reality administration?

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
    Last edited by otoc; 02-19-2017 at 06:07 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

"A war hero" in your eyes not mine. Just another establishment politician with a big mouth.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    "A war hero" in your eyes not mine. Just another establishment politician with a big mouth.
    Oh my. The press assassinated nixon's character and McCain didn't serve this country with valor because your messiah said it and McCain said things you don't agree with. Got it.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.