Different GTX 1080 models??

Ok guys, so I've been in the PC gaming world for a few years now and I know the basics but I'm still no genius. I purchased my first rig a few years ago as a prebuilt ASUS build. I know I know,very stupid think to do but I didn't know any better at the time! Anyways, it has a i7-4470, 12GB ram and a GTX 760. The computer was perfect for the games I played at the time. But I've been trying to get into ARK Survival evolved and that game is just a bit much for the 760. So my thoughts were to just go big or go home and upgrade straight to a GTX 1080 but when I was searching I got so confused as all the different models. Some with one fan, some with two or even three. Or some with the "turbo fan" and I'm not too sure which is the best. Long story short. Out of all the GTX 1080 models out there which is the "go to" card?? Preferably the quietest!

Re: Different GTX 1080 models??

I have the GTX 1080 FTW from EVGA. I love the support they have given and it's been a great card and well cooled. I'm most of the other top brand cards are good as well, but I can only speak from my experience with the EVGA.

Re: Different GTX 1080 models??

Within a certain price range I think the practical differences between cards are pretty small. I don't think theres much to choose between MSI vs Asus vs EVGA, etc. The 1080 has a relatively low TDP compared to top-end cards from the past, so all of these open air multi-fan coolers do a pretty good job of staying relatively silent. I'd pick based on price and service

My 1080 is EVGA since I've heard good things about their customer service. Granted, I got a Founder's Edition, put a waterblock on it and put it into my custom WC loop, so I can't really comment on the noise levels of their normal coolers.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present