3D Modeling / Editing Computer

So i have a friend that works doing 3d editing. using mainly AutoCAD and Revit this i what i have so far but. i have never built a computer straight up for cad work. so please help me out. This i what i have so far

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/thefun...r/saved/mfRnQ7

Re: 3D Modeling / Editing Computer

I worked a lot with AutoDesk Inventor in the past and the video card and driver version were really critical. Although I haven't worked with any of their software since 2008, I'm sure getting 'Certified Hardware/Drivers' are still important. You will need to know which version of AutoCAD your friend is going to use and go to this site: AutoDesk Certified Hardware to verify your video card selection.

Be warned if you come back with a non certified card/driver you may have visual issues. For example, I've had set ups that wouldn't display text properly until I downgraded my video drivers to certified ones.

Good luck!

Re: 3D Modeling / Editing Computer

Ok, I did a little looking and found your Video card passed all AutoDesk's tests for AutoCAD 2017 using the driver provided on this page: Driver

I'm not going to say you'll have troubles using the latest EVGA drivers, but if issues do pop up, maybe give these a try.

BTW, the card passed all its test, but is not certified. This is mainly because this is a consumer video card (most consumer cards are geared toward gaming rather then CAD work). Their is a difference between Workstation video cards vs Consumer cards. But I've had plenty of success with using decent gaming cards.