Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Ryzen - What is your planned build?

I have a Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 drive and it's fast, but will be faster on a motherboard with a slot for it. The Spectre flaw goes all the way back to the I think the first gen i7, and Intel was supposed to have released a micro code update for cpu's that have the flaw starting with I7 4770, and guess what ASUS was smart never to take that code and put out a new bios update for my board. Even with the Spectre patch to the OS, I still don't have any performance problems.
    I'm starting to look at giving AMD a try once again. Tried AMD back in the 90's, but that wasn't such a great system.

well just pushed the button on a MSI Pro-Carbon 470 motherboard , and a corsair H60 2018 liquid cooler looks like I be a building this Monday , cpu is in route for this sunday and I ordered a retail version of windows 10 pro
    Bye Bye intel , AMD , I am back !
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

new system just got up and running a few hours ago still kicking the tires but not bad . still tweaking windows , you know uninstall all the crapware , ohh candy crush ! Just what I need ,, NOT !! lol

well been a few days and lovin' my AMD system smokin' fast once I ironed out some memory timings . running my memory from my old board DDR4 2400.

something that blew Me away and I wish I could upload a pick as I took one of the 2600+
    Did You know that My 2600+ was " made in China " !
    I kid You not , I had to do a double take to make sure .

I did try some Linux , manjaro and mint ran like a raped ape on the MSI Procarbon 470x Mobo good board kinda weird bios in as its hard to find anything