Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Ryzen - What is your planned build?

I have a Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 drive and it's fast, but will be faster on a motherboard with a slot for it. The Spectre flaw goes all the way back to the I think the first gen i7, and Intel was supposed to have released a micro code update for cpu's that have the flaw starting with I7 4770, and guess what ASUS was smart never to take that code and put out a new bios update for my board. Even with the Spectre patch to the OS, I still don't have any performance problems.
    I'm starting to look at giving AMD a try once again. Tried AMD back in the 90's, but that wasn't such a great system.

well just pushed the button on a MSI Pro-Carbon 470 motherboard , and a corsair H60 2018 liquid cooler looks like I be a building this Monday , cpu is in route for this sunday and I ordered a retail version of windows 10 pro
    Bye Bye intel , AMD , I am back !
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

new system just got up and running a few hours ago still kicking the tires but not bad . still tweaking windows , you know uninstall all the crapware , ohh candy crush ! Just what I need ,, NOT !! lol

well been a few days and lovin' my AMD system smokin' fast once I ironed out some memory timings . running my memory from my old board DDR4 2400.

something that blew Me away and I wish I could upload a pick as I took one of the 2600+
    Did You know that My 2600+ was " made in China " !
    I kid You not , I had to do a double take to make sure .

I did try some Linux , manjaro and mint ran like a raped ape on the MSI Procarbon 470x Mobo good board kinda weird bios in as its hard to find anything

well after spending 3 days gutting windows 10 pro I finally
    have arrived . I made windows 10 basically windows 7
    umm lets see got rid of apps including the windows store (warning if you uninstall the store say goodbye to all your default aps as they will crash , but My weather app still works weird )

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

uninstalled microcrap edge browser (firefox rocks ! ) yea bye bye edge ! :
    removed and uninstalled miracast

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-unin...in-windows-10/

hacked the registry to use windows 7 style photos viewer
    Got rid of xbox BS
    disabled telemetry tracking
    https://www.askvg.com/truth-behind-d...in-windows-10/
    spent days fighting with trusted installer over app packages installed on the hard drive ( God I miss windows 7 ) and searching the registry , deleting crap entries
    Linux is lookin' better and better LOL

Well I'm different when it comes to Windows 10. I got rid of the junk advertisements, and stuff that I didn't need, but kept everything else intact. I just need to figure out how to make shortcuts of my Steam Games from either their directories and get the games working that way, or shortcuts from the steam app themselves and get them working on the Windows 10 start menu. I figured it out once, but forgot since then, and haven't been able to figure out since that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    Well I'm different when it comes to Windows 10. I got rid of the junk advertisements, and stuff that I didn't need, but kept everything else intact. I just need to figure out how to make shortcuts of my Steam Games from either their directories and get the games working that way, or shortcuts from the steam app themselves and get them working on the Windows 10 start menu. I figured it out once, but forgot since then, and haven't been able to figure out since that time.
    I can respect that
    (warning rant)
    But here is what Get me , I went to my Microsoft account and took a look at what they were trackin' they had my web history for months EVEN though I opted out . I deleted all that .
    Another point that gits my goat . Here I have a shiny new system I worked hard to earn , and MS is deciding what I need in terms of software , lets see Miracast , useless to me , Microsoft edge , another useless app . ugly browser and You can BET all your browsing history is being looked at .
    Xbox another useless pos just taking up space I would not use a xbox if you gave me one for free . to make a long story short windows 10 is so bloated with shovel ware you better have a threadripper and a TB NVME hard drive just to run the thing LOL
    I ran some Linux and wow ! my system was smokin' fast , I run windows 10 in its defalt config and it just like a lead weight is dragging behind it , I get rid of all the bloatware and programs launch so fast if you blink you will miss the launch.
    What need to be done is simple , either give the person who is installing windows what options they want to install or move the extra stuff to the windows store and allow people to choose what they want instead of shoving it down your throat
    well I am done

Windows 10 is worse if you do the free upgrade, then they shove advertisements for Microsoft Office in your face, and that was something I never did like, I got rid of it. There are things, if you get rid of them, you actually mess up the OS, and are literally forced to reinstall, and it's stuff like that, that I don't get rid of. I did figure out how to shut off that dumb Cortana, as I will never use voice search. Why Microsoft ever put that in the OS when most people don't want it, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    Windows 10 is worse if you do the free upgrade, then they shove advertisements for Microsoft Office in your face, and that was something I never did like, I got rid of it. There are things, if you get rid of them, you actually mess up the OS, and are literally forced to reinstall, and it's stuff like that, that I don't get rid of. I did figure out how to shut off that dumb Cortana, as I will never use voice search. Why Microsoft ever put that in the OS when most people don't want it, is beyond me.
    shut off cortana ? that is easy here I will link you you how https://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how...in-windows-10/
    and if you will search google their are ways to keep cortana from searching the web

I stumbled across a weird issue . I am running a single monitor that does not support 3d but dum a** windows would auto install that steroscoptic 3d driver just by chance I went into my file explorer options and clicked " show hidden windows files " and I saw it . 2 desktop ini files so I oped the bottom one in notepad and saw inside their " a shortcut to that nvidia 3d driver " took ownership of the file and edited it out , now no more crazy views , it was like the resolution was way out of wack

here is a nice little safe something that you can do that will reduce HDD disk space and it is direct from microsoft

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-winsxs-folder

myself I just ran the 1st 2 steps and saved almost 10gb but I dod just install a fresh windows . give it a try and let me know

side note if you get the chance ya gotta get one of these samsung 970 evo's OMG smokin' fast even faster then my old 960 Evo
    Last edited by brothergc; 07-25-2018 at 02:47 AM.

here is something that I learned , did you know that MS has even set up the old IE 11 with tracking ? believe it or not I was going thru gpedit.msc and their it was "disable keystoke logging . ( which I disabled )
    Feel like I am playing wack a mole here .
    Microsoft then nvidia , oh and the latest CCleaner also collects data on their lasted builds wonder who is next , steam ( of do they already ? ) esset nod 32 antivirus , one that I used for years wants you to opt in . Bet Uplay and I know Orgin does with their " webhelper service" Getting way out of hand here 1 or 2 diag tracks but the list just keeps growing to the point where it is crazy , I need to lean more about Linux and dump windows . I am almost their if I can get the time

Seems like before too long all your pc will do is send out diag data !

Edit gave up on windows linux mint runs better on my Rysen then winblows and I was reading on the web where the next update of windows will track the times when you use your computer so it can , cough cough , know when to check for updates ( so they say , yea right , uh huh you bet )

Joke : The next version of widows will be " The wipe your butt for you " edition ! ROFL Then they can sell you lots of Tolit paper ! Wow what a load of crap that will be !!
    Last edited by brothergc; 07-30-2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: updated thread