Resolved Let's discuss Gaming headsets and Audio

I think most gamers neglect the audio experience of gaming. I did some research on gaming headsets and found out that they are very criticized, you can read here why the best headset for gaming is a good pair of headphones. I am convinced that the best solution is to buy a pair of good headphones and a separate microphone to go with it. What do you guys think? Which headsets do you use and what are your opinion about them?

Re: Let's discuss Gaming headsets and Audio

Quote Originally Posted by gameblazer View Post
    I think most gamers neglect the audio experience of gaming. I did some research on gaming headsets and found out that they are very criticized, you can read here why the best headset for gaming is a good pair of headphones. I am convinced that the best solution is to buy a pair of good headphones and a separate microphone to go with it. What do you guys think? Which headsets do you use and what are your opinion about them?
    Moving away from gaming headsets to a dedicated pair of cans running on an amp/dac with a dedicated microphone really made a world of difference for me. Moved from Logitech G933 to Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 with a Schiit Fulla 2 Amp/DAC combo.

I would suggest a setup similar to mine but you may prefer an open back headset like Sennheiser HD598 or Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X listed on that site.