MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX

I am giving serious consideration to this card , even though I have a midtower case and a full atx motherboard . new egg has the 6gb version for 250
    What got me interested is the review by Guru3D
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html

Acording to the review it has great cooling , great proformance ,a good price, and its only 120w

From what I can tell it is not much longer then the PCIE slot . Kinda cool IMO
    I see all these GTX1060s with double fans and huge coolers and a bigger price . I am thinking if one never plans to overclock these fans/big coolers are just a waste and only serve as a bling factor. Anyone else agree ?

Thoughts and opinions welcome ! Let the discussion begin !
    Last edited by brothergc; 03-19-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Re: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX

Stock coolers on GPU's (blower style) are usually fairly loud when there is significant load. i.e. Gaming for a few hours.

The dual/triple fan cards allow for quieter gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Stock coolers on GPU's (blower style) are usually fairly loud when there is significant load. i.e. Gaming for a few hours.

The dual/triple fan cards allow for quieter gaming.
    well look at this chart http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,10.html
    I would call that pretty quiet and doing it with one fan , Yes ?

edit : after looking at extensive you tube vids , regular reviews on the different GTX1060 cards , if you plan on no overclocking then 2 or more fans are just a waste of space and money . Infact one card I saw is the EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0
    if one of the fastest stock card . I have changed my mind on the MSI card in favor of this card . Better price point , EVGAs customer service and warentee all come to mind.
    Check out this vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLt_fAu-Cs
    Last edited by brothergc; 03-20-2017 at 10:55 AM.

well for me the search has ended I just pulled the button on the EVGA 1060 OC with the single fan $236 on sale from new egg is a good deal

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...61&ignorebbr=1
    Last edited by brothergc; 03-20-2017 at 11:22 AM.

I'm looking at a new videocard myself, just not sure which one as of yet, cause of Mass Effect Andromeda and a few others. Have to get a few more bills out of the way first. Tempted by a GTX 1070, just not sure yet, haven't looked at any of the GTX 1060's yet. A 2GB GTX 760 is long in the tooth, as I don't do SLI anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    I'm looking at a new videocard myself, just not sure which one as of yet, cause of Mass Effect Andromeda and a few others. Have to get a few more bills out of the way first. Tempted by a GTX 1070, just not sure yet, haven't looked at any of the GTX 1060's yet. A 2GB GTX 760 is long in the tooth, as I don't do SLI anymore.
    well I just got back from picking my new EVGA , ( the one I listed above) from new egg . I just got it installed just moments ago . What surprised me 1st off is how heavy this card realy is . I was expecting some light weight cheep card .But the cooler is hefty . looking at it on a side view I can see 2 large copper heatpipes , nice black plastic shroud . From what I can tell , the cooler itself almost covers the entire card . I have not ( of course) tested the card . I noticed that the card fan ( 90mm) spins up at boot . But as I type this it is off . Temp reading 107 Deg F. I will post more . I do plan on doing some stress testing before I do a complete reinstall of windows . Got a shiney new samsung 850 evo 500gb to install . anything you would like to see run benchmark wise ?

3d mark 11
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12066747
    Last edited by brothergc; 03-20-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Right now, I'm playing Diablo 3, and Skyrim Special Edition, while I wait for Bioware/EA fix the numerous bugs in Mass Effect Andromeda, before I start that one. Got tired of Fallout 4, awhile back, and decided to take a break from that game.

Right now, I'm playing Diablo 3, and Skyrim Special Edition, while I wait for Bioware/EA fix the numerous bugs in Mass Effect Andromeda, before I start that one. Got tired of Fallout 4, awhile back, and decided to take a break from that game.
    I just got mass effect andromada . while I have only played a short time , I am impressed with the game . Visuals are outstanding !

What I have noticed is that this game realy pounds my system . I have 8 GB of ram installed and I am running out of ram !
    For the 1st time ever I got a low ram warning from windows !
    Just pulled pushed the button on a 2x8gb set of ddr4 pc2400 from gskill

I started playing it the other day, visuals are pretty good on a 2GB GTX 760, but they will improve when I can finally get a new videocard. I've been running 16GB of ram, as of this fall for 4 years.
    Need to get 16 or 32GB of DDR3 1600 ram for my board.

I started playing it the other day, visuals are pretty good on a 2GB GTX 760, but they will improve when I can finally get a new videocard. I've been running 16GB of ram, as of this fall for 4 years.
    Need to get 16 or 32GB of DDR3 1600 ram for my board.
    16gig is more then enough going off of windows proformance monitor I am using aprox 70% of my 16 gb in the game. By the time You will ever need 32 gb , you will be running some new cpu and mobo with ddr5 !

edit if Your looking for a good GTX1060 the evga one I got is surprisingly good here is the one I got from the egg
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814487261

And its on sale right now !
    the card is surprisingly heavy and well made . On my system the 2d images look like you can peel them from the screen
    Last edited by brothergc; 04-04-2017 at 04:09 PM.

I haven't decided what card I'm going to get, have a few too many bills I need to get paid off first.