New computer build, ,center / subwoofer, both attempt to play subwoofer audio?

Hey guys,

I just built a new computer using an MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard which uses Realtek HD Audio driver. I'm using a Creative Inspire 5300 speaker setup which is 5.1 surround sound, however I am not using the rear speakers on it. Also note, I may have had this issue before but can't for the life of me remember the resolution.

After connecting the speakers to the system, the center speaker doesn't work. Instead of receiving center channel audio, it's solely receiving subwoofer type audio. While playing games, this makes playing virtually impossible especially in games that utilize the center channel (IE communication voices in Mass Effect: Andromeda).

I've already tried using the swap center / subwoofer option, but the subwoofer is receiving the correct audio it seems. Center just receives a low "bassy" noise.

Has anyone run into this before? I haven't been able to really find a fix online that works for me. I've already tried messing with the cables, "attempting" to tell the jacks that the speaker is something else (though I only get one option, so that doesn't work), and moving the cables to different jacks to see if that helps. Center / Subwoofer is definitely in the center / subwoofer jack.

Thanks!
    ===================================================
    Case: Coolermaster 590 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Processor: Intel C2D E8400 | HSF: Xigmatek S1283 | Memory: 2x2GB GSkill DDR2-1000 | Video: EVGA GTX 260 216cores | Power: PC P&C 610W

Re: New computer build, ,center / subwoofer, both attempt to play subwoofer audio?

If you move the cable for the center/sub to left or right output(s)...does it still exhibit the same behavior?

Re: New computer build, ,center / subwoofer, both attempt to play subwoofer audio?

Honestly I feel like when I had things in the wrong ports, I wasn't getting any sort of audio at all. I'll give that another shot today to see what happens.
    ===================================================
    Case: Coolermaster 590 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Processor: Intel C2D E8400 | HSF: Xigmatek S1283 | Memory: 2x2GB GSkill DDR2-1000 | Video: EVGA GTX 260 216cores | Power: PC P&C 610W