First post and new build!

Hallo! First post here! I'm bouncing off of the walls waiting for my parts order to arrive on Tuesday, am going a bit nuts tracking every movement of Fedex. I've been on the same i7 2600K/GTX 680 combo for nearly 6 years and am ready for a new machine. I really looked into Ryzen as an option, but couldn't bring myself to justify it as a potential long term, stable platform in case I'm unable to upgrade again for a long time. Once I narrowed the choice to Intel, then the choice was more cores, less clock, or more clock and less cores, basically. My spree budget allowed for a total of 3500, so the choice came down to 7700K/Z270 versus 6900K/X99+take a hit on the ram amount. I couldn't justify X99 this late in it's life with X299 so close and waiting isn't an option, so Z270+7700K it is. The rest of the choices should be pretty self explanatory.

Intel Core i7 7700K, retail
    Asus Z270 TUF Mark I
    Corsair Vengeance LED 32Gb (4x8Gb) DDR4 3200
    Corsair H80i cooler
    Corsair HX850i psu
    Corsair 400C case
    Corsair Gaming K70 LUX mechanical keyboard, Cherry MX keys
    Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB mouse, 12000dpi
    Samsung M2 960 Pro 512Gb SSD
    Toshiba X300 6Tb HDD
    Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080Ti
    ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27" 2560x1440 165Hz IPS G-Sync
    Windows 10 Pro Retail (USB Edition)
    2x WD 2TB Elements Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 (for backup drives)

Basically a complete build from the ground up. Obviously of note is the lack of optical drive as the case does not support one, nor is one needed. Am in 2 day count down mode till Xmas in April! While I appreciate any pointers about parts that are spotted that may not work together optimally, please do not suggest parts list changes unless it's because something won't work. These parts are already purchased and on the way so if something won't work, I don't mind sending it back, but if it's just a matter of you think something would be better, please keep that to yourself as I can't do anything about that.

Re: First post and new build!

Looks like a first class build all the way and welcome to the forums. Kinda slow around here, but lots of very good information and very helpful people. I am truly amazed at the knowledge some of these members can drop in a heart beats time.

Click here to visit Onetech's website
    Popup blocker advised!

"Cutting edge technology is for those who like to bleed." Onetech

All built and up and running! So far have only done some limited testing, but Unigine Heaven and Valley are both showing pretty much consistent scores to similar configured machines elsewhere online in reviews and such, so am happy with that. Also, monitoring of temps and clock speeds show everything there is as expected as well. Interesting note is that 1950mhz seems to be the average GPU clocks even though 1708mhz is the advertised speed. I know advertised boost clocks are always conservative, but am impressed none the less! No manual overclocking on CPU or GPU is going on and both are tagging maximum boosts on their own and holding them. At this point am just gonna enjoy those speeds and see what I get

Edit: Pics of build are posted, awaiting moderator approval! Give them some time and should show up soon

Moved the radiator to the front to take in cool air from outside the case. Heat is bypassing the video card which has a 140mm blowing cool air over it.

Nice!

And is that a push/pull config on the AIO? Love it. That mobo looks beautiful too. Close that baby up and post a few more pics, then get to it and start chewing through some of your games.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    Nice!

And is that a push/pull config on the AIO? Love it. That mobo looks beautiful too. Close that baby up and post a few more pics, then get to it and start chewing through some of your games.

Enjoy!

Your wish is my command! Closed up, running smooth as silk, and 3-5C cooler with the new positioning of the H80i! Win/Win!

Test post...
    Core i7 7700K/Asus TUF Z270 Mark1/32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz/Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti/512Gb Samsung 960 Pro/Toshiba X300 6Tb/Corsair H80i/Corsair HX850i/Corsair 400C