Thread: Suggestion

Suggestion

Hi, I just joined, today.

First thing I noticed... ...
    First of all, I registered to post comments on the "News" tab at the top of the page. After that was done, I thought, "ok I'll look around the forum" but I was blocked from looking at a user profile, "strange" thought I, I'm sure I was logged in... Went back to the News tab and I was logged in, came back to forum..not logged in. Hmmm. So I had to register for the Forum.
    And I still don't know how so many people reply in News comments as "Anonymous" when you have to register with a username.

Suggestion:
    Would be better if there was a single registration for both, hmmmm will I have to register for the other tabs... "Home" "Reviews" "Podcast" etc... if I want to use them and comment?

Second thing I noticed...
    On the Forum Registration page I was completing my details, and it said
    Random Question Coke or Pepsi?
    And I was like "WTF is this?" I don't drink Coke or Pepsi. Is it a security question? So whatever I put in I will have to remember incase I lose my password. Should I put Pepsi, because I think I like that one better, no wait, Coke has that nice swishy logo text, and it is an icon in world history....hmmm no, I should go with what I first thought that I drink neither, because when I am asked it again I will need to put what comes to mind. So I type "neither" should it be a capital N or lowercase? What if I don't remember! "neither" is a long word, maybe I should put "none" ... I finally decided to type "no". When I clicked submit, it said I had given the wrong answer to the random question .... Arghhh!... I can assure you it was the correct answer. I had thought long and hard about it. How can there be a wrong answer to that question anyway! Then I realised it must be a "Bot protector question" it's not a random question at all... Now it wants me to say "What a mobile computer is called". OK I passed that one first time, but it left me thinking, what if I had put "mobile phone" or "tablet" or "calculator" or "abacus" you get the idea...

Suggestion:
    Would be better if the registration page made it clear that it was "Only to check that you are human" and if the questions asked had only one correct and easy answer. i.e. "What is the capital of the United States of America?"

Third thing I noticed...
    OK so I was setting up my profile settings and I could not find anywhere to allow me to change the date display format to ddmmyy
    How do I do that?

Thanks... looks like a nice forum, hopefully I will get all the help I need to build a new Ryzen 1800x system that I am wanting to do. However, there doesn't seem to be many members online, a 100 or so users but almost no members.

The good thing is that my current decrepit old system can use this website and forum seemingly with no issues, most of the entire internet does not work for me anymore, that's why I am building a new system. This forum's "basic text" option is a nice feature.

Last edited by Rosanbo; 05-08-2017 at 09:45 AM.