6yr Old Power Supply Upgrade or Keep it?

Hi all, I have a SILVERSTONE ST1000-P https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16817256057
    Bought it in 2011 exactly 6 years old this month. So far I have had zero issues with it and I don't leave my PC on all day. Average 5-6hrs mon - thurs, fri-sun 8hrs on average per day. I will probably be building a new gaming PC around the new threadripper CPU and will use my current GTX 1070. I would really like to keep my PSU for a few more years would any of you guys recommend to keep or it maybe buy a new one? It also says rated for 100,000 hrs on the silverstone site that would be equal to 11.4 years

Thanks.

Re: 6yr Old Power Supply Upgrade or Keep it?

I run my power supplies until they quit, or they don't have the connections I need for a modern PC.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

I think I will do the same thanks, it's not smoking so no need to replace it
    I'll spend the extra $$ elsewhere on my new build in the future.

Agreed. With 1000W, you should have rarely stressed it so it should be good to go for years to come. Silverstone is/was a good brand (do they still make them?)

Hey btdog, yup I'm keeping it for a few more years Oh yes they make quite a few power supplies. Here is a link to them:
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...d=D38HSEU84QSR

I agree with your decision: I only change PSUs when they can't handle the new hardware.

Hi...in my case also i run my power supplies until they quit, or they don't have the connections I need for a modern PC. With 1000W, you should have rarely stressed it so it should be good to go for years to come.

printed circuit assembly
    Last edited by RickyTerzis; 10-04-2017 at 04:41 PM.