Ordered an ASUS Dual GTX 1070

Just ordered me an ASUS Dual 1070 GTX 8GB card. The Dual is because it has two fans on it, and is a 9.5" card, not the long card that the ASUS STRIX 1070 is.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1070-8G/

Need this card for Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Re: Ordered an ASUS Dual GTX 1070

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    Just ordered me an ASUS Dual 1070 GTX 8GB card. The Dual is because it has two fans on it, and is a 9.5" card, not the long card that the ASUS STRIX 1070 is.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1070-8G/

Need this card for Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, and Mass Effect Andromeda.
    nice
    I have the gtx1060 6gb and mass effect andromada never looked so good . I am impressed by this game . The eye candy is outstanding ! the gane definatly has replayability . I am on my second round with it finding all kinds of stuff I missed .
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    nice
    I am impressed by this game.
    That's interesting - I'm having the opposite feeling. I'm enjoying the MP, but I just can't get into the SP. I've played about 120 hours, of which 110 has been MP.

Here are my thoughts:
    • The SP campaigns seem longer than before
    • The side missions stack up quickly
    • I keep getting lost in which mission I'm doing. I think I'm heading to the primary objective, only to realize I'm collecting a rock sample.
    • On top of that, many of the side missions can be started but not finished. First, I head out to the location only to find out I can't get to it. Second, that means I have to come back later in the game to complete it. So, I've wasted time trying to get to it (and can't), and then I have to waste time to come back to finish it.

Also, while waiting for ME:A, I logged over 500 hours of MP on ME3, so I'm very comfortable playing that. When I only have 1-2 hours to play, I default to MP.

I keep telling myself I have to force myself to play the SP, but I keep dreading it and pushing it off.

I'll be picking the card up after I come back from vacation. Too much going on right now, and the store I ordered it from where I live, is putting it in a backroom, and it will be there waiting for me, after my vacation.

My favorite Mass Effect games are the first 3, I have countless hours logged playing those games. I even have countless hours logged playing, Skyrim.

Wow, I like my GTX 1070, all my games including Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, look better and are smoother on this card.

congrats on the new card
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    Wow, I like my GTX 1070, all my games including Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, look better and are smoother on this card.
    It's always nice when you upgrade a computer and see an immediate benefit, be it faster load times from an SSD, quicker processing from a CPU, or more eye-candy from a GPU.

Enjoy!

The GTX 760 that was in there before, which was a decent card for it's time, as I used to have two for SLI, just couldn't do it anymore for gaming, as SLI in today's world isn't needed anymore. Haven't tried out Mass Effect Andromeda or Dragon Age Inquisition on this card, which I will do hopefully soon.