weirdest shit ever

so I wake up, move my mouse and all the colors on my left open facebook page are in "negativish" form, all the blues are orange, all the white is pink, all the colors are . I refresh my browser and nothing changed. Closed window and my desktop is orange instead of blue, all the colors are . Reset, (half afraid that this is the beginning of a massive viral attack) and everything is back to normal.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Never seen this before myself.

Win 10 pro before you ask.

weird no?

Re: weirdest shit ever

Issues with video connection perhaps, bad cable , bad gpu, or maybe going bad? Almost seemed like high contrast setting were turned on, for accessibility. Have had some wacky colors when HDMI port on laptop went bad before.

Quote Originally Posted by w0095157 View Post
    Issues with video connection perhaps, bad cable , bad gpu, or maybe going bad? Almost seemed like high contrast setting were turned on, for accessibility. Have had some wacky colors when HDMI port on laptop went bad before.
    Good call, w0095157. I agree. My first thought was an issue with the GPU but it could be a connection or the cable.

And let's keep something in mind: computers are layers-upon-layers of software and machinery working together and no code or component is perfect. Glitches can happen, and one wonky issue does not a crisis make. Rebooting was the right thing to do. Now, if it continues...then you need to start troubleshooting. Nothing to see here just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    Good call, w0095157. I agree. My first thought was an issue with the GPU but it could be a connection or the cable.

And let's keep something in mind: computers are layers-upon-layers of software and machinery working together and no code or component is perfect. Glitches can happen, and one wonky issue does not a crisis make. Rebooting was the right thing to do. Now, if it continues...then you need to start troubleshooting. Nothing to see here just yet.
    Yea, no doubt, it was just weird. Ive seen alot of shit in my time, but that was a first.

I had this happen on one of my Win10 systems recently. I rebooted and it cleared up, haven't seen it since. I chalked it up to a video driver fault.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.