Thread: Pc build

Pc build

I am looking for a pc build for around 2000 dollars but not limited too that price that can play games at 4k stream and edit.

Any and all suggestions are great. Thanks!

Re: Pc build

This is what I have so far.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x8BFLD

Wow, $2K goes quick, doesn't it?

Overall, it's a solid build. I have a few suggestions that you could consider:

• Your motherboard has M.2 capability which is going to make your computer fly, so I would use it. I suggest the 500GB 960 EVO. It's $300, but if money is no object, get the 1TB at $450.
    • In a similar vein, depending on how much storage you need (and money you have), you could either drop the HDD and get a bigger SATA SSD...or drop the SSD and stick with the HDD.
    • The PSU is great, but I don't think you need 850W. This Corsair 750W Bronze is $60 cheaper and still gives you plenty of headroom.
    • the 1080 is a good GPU, but 4K is going to be tough. The 1080Ti gives you more power, but adds at least $200. Depending on your timeframe, you could see what happens when Vega gets closer to launch.
    • I can't complain about the Hyper 212, but I prefer CLCs. Something to consider but research radiator locations on the case before you pull the trigger on a CLC (if you decide to go that route).
    • I hesitate to suggest changes to the keyboard, mouse and headset since these are literally the way you're going to interact with your rig (these, and the monitor which you don't list). But if you need to shave some coinage, you could find some comparable alternatives at lower prices.

Last, depending on your use-case, you should consider the Ryzen series. The 1700X doubles the core and thread count which will help with editing and streaming (especially if you want to do them simultaneously). Also, the 1700 seems to be an overclocker's darling. YES, the 7700K is a better gaming CPU, but at 4K you're going to be limited by the GPU more than the CPU and the difference between Ryzen and the i7 fades away. I didn't run any numbers, but going Ryzen could save some money which could go towards another component (GPU? Storage?).

Hope this helps.

Updated pc parts!

New thoughts?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dBL3Gf
    Last edited by Tart; 06-20-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Few things, real quick:

• The 1700X is on sale right now for the same price, may want to snag it if you're sure you'll be going Ryzen
    • I would still recommend an M.2 SSD
    • You went from 850W which was overkill for the 1080 to 550W for the 1080Ti which is a little too low for my comfort (and nVidia's, they recommend at least 600W). I would check out that 750W I recommended, again, or select a PSU with a higher wattage. I'd say 650W+ at least