Thread: Oculus Rift

Oculus Rift

This is very tempting....thoughts?

Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System
    by Oculus
    $ 399.00

Re: Oculus Rift

It's a deal for the price. If you are into simulator type of games it is good (after trying many people seem to say it's a must) thing to get (e.g. Dirt Rally, Project cars, Assetto Corsa or e.g. Elite Dangerous). Touch is fun (I recommend getting rechargable batteries if you get hooked into that) but lack of AAA content and the fact that you do need some space for it and it can be a bit of pain to set up can be offputting. Also, in the end I prefer (the overpriced, especially with Deluxe audio strap which brings the comfort level and ease of use for the HMD into equal territory with the Rift...) HTC Vive for standing up, 'roomscale' VR (after the HTC Vive is setup once, you usually never run into many problems and the tracking is IMHO simply better, you really need at least a third sensor for Rift to compete (haven't tested if a fourth one makes any difference though)).

If possible, I'd test the Rift before jumping the wagon, but for the current price... Go for it, if your system can handle it.
    Last edited by Pehu; 07-25-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Re: Oculus Rift

Thanks for the reply. The Vive would be my first choice, but the price is just to high imo. The lack of AAA titles is a negative for me, but maybe some in the future? As far as being able to power it, im running a 4790K, GTX 1070 should be enough? Ive been seeing alot about the set-up being a pain, but once its set should be good to go.

-edit-
    I have the room, but i also a cat that likes to attack my legs, could get bloody. Just a side note
    Last edited by Wingfan; 07-28-2017 at 10:27 PM.