Upgrading to the 8700k after 7 years. Advice on this build please. $2,000+

Salvaging some parts from my current system to upgrade to the Z370 / 8700k that's coming soon. Want to pick up some parts in the meantime and wanted to get advice on the parts that I've selected.

Considering to buy
    CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K Six-Core Processor ($400.00)
    Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g 1g Thermal Paste ($11.99)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-K ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($133.49)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($151.88)
    Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card ($749.99)
    Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($799.00)
    Keyboard: Filco - Ninja Majestouch-2 TKL Wired Standard Keyboard ($134.00)
    Delid Kit: der8auer Delid Die Mate 2 + UHU Silicone + Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut ($72.00)
    Total: $2,452

The selected Z270 board is a placeholder only. I don't intend to buy a super high end motherboard like the Rampage Extreme, etc. In my experience, the lower end of a line are generally as stable and provide 90% of the features that you end up using.

Salvaging from current system
    CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler
    SSD: Samsung - 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    SSD: Samsung - 840 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage: Western Digital - VelociRaptor 1TB 3.5" 10000RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Case: be quiet! - Dark Base Pro 900 w/Window (Black) ATX Full Tower Case
    Power Supply: OCZ - ZX 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Sound Card: Asus - Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
    Audio: Objective2 and ODAC DAC & Amplifier
    Headphones: Sennheiser - G4ME ZERO Black Headset
    Mouse: Zowie - EC1-A Wired Optical Mouse
    Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+ Slim Mousepad

Specifically, I'd love to get thoughts on the following:
    1. Best value recommendations for which 1080ti to buy?
    2. What 1440p 144hz+ gsync monitor to get?
    3. What ram to get and is 3400mhz compared to 3000mhz worth it or not?
    4. What ram timings to get? Will they make a difference?
    5. Is the Samsung 840 Pro SSD worth upgrading to m.2 960 Pro? Will I notice a significant difference that justifies the cost?
    6. What keyboard is better than my current (but worn) Filco - Ninja Majestouch-2?
    7. Will the 7700k delid kit will work with the 8700k?
    8. Is the Xonar DX sound card is worth upgrading or not? If so, what part?
    9. Anything other parts I should consider buying?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Upgrading to the 8700k after 7 years. Advice on this build please. $2,000+

Hi, delatroy! Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time but I will try to answer some of your questions.

1. Best value recommendations for which 1080ti to buy?
    Right now, there is no "best value" GPU - high-end cards are way overpriced because of miners. If you can get the 1080ti for $750, I guess that's close to MSRP. Personally, I would wait until you either see an amazing deal or right before you're ready to build. Hopefully, prices will normalize soon.

2. What 1440p 144hz+ gsync monitor to get?
    There's a limited supply of panels meeting that criteria. ASUS ROG has a 27" I would probably check out. I also heard about Acer having a Predator line but I can't recall if the comments were good or bad, probably should read the reviews.

3. What ram to get and is 3400mhz compared to 3000mhz worth it or not?
    4. What ram timings to get? Will they make a difference?

Couple things here: First, I don't think the 8700K will be compatible with the z270 boards, I think you'll need a z370 board. Second, I don't know what native RAM speeds the z370 will support, but my guess is you'd have to OC the memory to get it to run at 3000 or 3400. So, unless you want to OC, I'm not sure there's much value in getting RAM with those timings. If the prices are similar to lower speed RAM, then go for it. IF there's a premium for the RAM, I would think twice about it.

5. Is the Samsung 840 Pro SSD worth upgrading to m.2 960 Pro? Will I notice a significant difference that justifies the cost?
    I believe there is an improvement but no where near as dramatic as the change from HDD to SSD. You can still use the 840 Pro, maybe for game storage and get an m.2 for the boot drive.

6. What keyboard is better than my current (but worn) Filco - Ninja Majestouch-2?
    Keyboards are personal preference so it's hard to recommend. I use a Logitech G710 (cherry browns) which I like. I also just got a Corsair K70 Lux (cherry reds) which is much more spring-y and lighter. You really need to test some out and see if you prefer one over what you already have.

7. Will the 7700k delid kit will work with the 8700k?
    I don't know. I think the heat spreader will be bigger than the 7700K so it's possible it may not work, but I don't know what kind of flexibility the delid kits have as far as being able to adjust them to different sizes.

8. Is the Xonar DX sound card is worth upgrading or not? If so, what part?
    Provided you can still get good drivers, I'm not sure there's a need to upgrade, but I use integrated sound so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

9. Anything other parts I should consider buying?
    See my comment about the motherboard, I really think the z270 will be incompatible with the 8700K.

Hope this helps.