SOLVED: INET E RESOURCE NOT FOUND error

A weird issue occurred on one of my laptops after the most recent Windows 10 update - some webpages would load (google, yahoo) but the majority would not. I tried Firefox, Edge and Vivaldi and each showed the same problem. In Edge, the details indicated the error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

Flushing the DNS did not work (CMD (as Administrator) -- ipconfig /flushdns -- exit from CMD window), and Windows built-in troubleshooter could not detect any problems.

SOLUTION:
    After some consideration, I uninstalled the wireless card, restarted the laptop and let Windows reinstall it. I had to identify the wireless network and input the password again but that seemed to do the trick.

Just wanted to post in case someone has a similar issue.
    Last edited by btdog; 09-21-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: add flushdns process

Re: SOLVED: INET E RESOURCE NOT FOUND error

Wouldn't you know it but my other laptop suffered the same fate. Same circumstances - shortly after a Windows update.

Solution worked again.

Re: SOLVED: INET E RESOURCE NOT FOUND error

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    Wouldn't you know it but my other laptop suffered the same fate. Same circumstances - shortly after a Windows update.

Solution worked again.
    INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND is a Windows 10 error that might happen when trying to open websites from Microsoft Edge browser. When the error happens, you can't access one particular website that you were able to reach before. But all other web browsers work perfectly.

In order to fix this problem, you can try the methods below:

- Change Default DNS Server
    - Uncheck Enable TCP Fast Open on Edge
    - Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings
    - Reinstall Microsoft Edge. Go to this page to download the .zip file which helps you reset or reinstall Microsoft Edge.
    Also, you can easily fix this error by using InPrivate Browsing.
    Last edited by namanhcap; 12-24-2017 at 08:24 AM.