Thread: Dns server

Dns server

I acquired a Toshiba laptop without a hard drive, so being a masochist I bought one and installed it.
    Wanting to play around, I installed Windows 7, updated with micorsoft, 190+, then installed Linux Mint. Everything worked well for a day, then Mint could not find 50+% of the servers for my favorites. Opened 7 back up and it couldn't find the servers either. Deleted the partitions and Reinstalled 7, no joy. Used Mint to delete the partitions and Reinstalled Mint, no worky. Neither system can find ANY server that mentions Linux, Mint, Ubuntu, DNS, server repairs, and most of my favorites, including forums.pcper.com.

Used Kubuntu to remove all partitions, installed Kubuntu, it couldn't find the servers right off the bat. As a side note, I didn't like it any more than it apparently liked me. LOL

Used Windows 7 and totally wiped and formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7, updated the 190+ updates, everything seems to be working fine.

I am not a programmer, don't really want to learn how to either, just want to see what is out there and am willing to follow instructions to type in what is needed to make Linux work.

As I go through installing Mint again, any suggestions on what the heck is happening? I just wanted to play with Linux a little, but this is crazy

Update:
    Windows 7 working perfectly, installed Mint, no servers. Switched to 7, still working fine (I shouldn't have said perfectly earlier ;-_)
    Hmmmm....
    Last edited by thewanderer; 11-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Re: Dns server

Never mind, I tried to update Mint, it can’t remember my password. To old and cranky to continue. Wiped it out, threw away the Linux disks.
    Thanks anyway.