Help please - Updating Gigabyte BIOS and other drivers.

Hello,

First time builder here. I've heard the horror stories about inexperienced people trying to update their BIOS and other mobo drivers, so I wanted to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

Mobo - Gigabyte z370 gaming 7

I have a 4GB USB thumb drive that I formatted to FAT32 using Win 10 Formatting Tool. I will download the latest BIOS which I think is F5 to thumb drive as well as the drivers for the USB 3.1 and LAN (Any other recommended drivers I should download?)

I'm not quite clear as to the next steps to complete the update. I assume I plug in the thumb drive, start the computer and enter BIOS. Then what? Is there a step by step guide to preform the updates I can follow?

Thank you

Re: Help please - Updating Gigabyte BIOS and other drivers.

The manual, starting on page # 89 has the directions you require.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...gaming-7_e.pdf

Thanks, mmettin for pointing that out. I'm a little overwhelmed with my first build and must overlooked that in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittzo View Post
    Hello,

First time builder here. I've heard the horror stories about inexperienced people trying to update their BIOS and other mobo drivers, so I wanted to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

Mobo - Gigabyte z370 gaming 7

I have a 4GB USB thumb drive that I formatted to FAT32 using Win 10 Formatting Tool. I will download the latest BIOS which I think is F5 to thumb drive as well as the drivers for the USB 3.1 and LAN (Any other recommended drivers I should download?)

I'm not quite clear as to the next steps to complete the update. I assume I plug in the thumb drive, start the computer and enter BIOS. Then what? Is there a step by step guide to preform the updates I can follow?

Thank you
    Hi buddy, are you really able to set it up as of now? Planning kind of same.
    Regards,
    Hahu Smith