Smile I hurt the feeling of my i7-2600k

Wednesday I finally pulled out the credit card and ordered the parts for a Ryzen 7 build to replace my trusty old Sandy Bridge. Thursday my i7-2600K puked on booting. Eventually I got a BIOS message that my overclock had failed. I hadn't touched that overclock in more than a year. I can't help to think that Sandy Bridge just figured out it is going to the retirement home and was throwing one last fit. Here is hoping that my down-clock works until I get the parts and assemble my new rig.

Re: I hurt the feeling of my i7-2600k

Quote Originally Posted by pben View Post
    Wednesday I finally pulled out the credit card and ordered the parts for a Ryzen 7 build to replace my trusty old Sandy Bridge. Thursday my i7-2600K puked on booting. Eventually I got a BIOS message that my overclock had failed. I hadn't touched that overclock in more than a year. I can't help to think that Sandy Bridge just figured out it is going to the retirement home and was throwing one last fit. Here is hoping that my down-clock works until I get the parts and assemble my new rig.
    I also just retied my 2600k. It now sits in my wife's system though running just fine on an Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 board. I replaced it with a Ryzen 7 2700. The worst part? My wife's ancient system boots faster than my new one!
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken