Smile I hurt the feeling of my i7-2600k

Wednesday I finally pulled out the credit card and ordered the parts for a Ryzen 7 build to replace my trusty old Sandy Bridge. Thursday my i7-2600K puked on booting. Eventually I got a BIOS message that my overclock had failed. I hadn't touched that overclock in more than a year. I can't help to think that Sandy Bridge just figured out it is going to the retirement home and was throwing one last fit. Here is hoping that my down-clock works until I get the parts and assemble my new rig.

Re: I hurt the feeling of my i7-2600k

Quote Originally Posted by pben View Post
    Wednesday I finally pulled out the credit card and ordered the parts for a Ryzen 7 build to replace my trusty old Sandy Bridge. Thursday my i7-2600K puked on booting. Eventually I got a BIOS message that my overclock had failed. I hadn't touched that overclock in more than a year. I can't help to think that Sandy Bridge just figured out it is going to the retirement home and was throwing one last fit. Here is hoping that my down-clock works until I get the parts and assemble my new rig.
    I also just retied my 2600k. It now sits in my wife's system though running just fine on an Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 board. I replaced it with a Ryzen 7 2700. The worst part? My wife's ancient system boots faster than my new one!