Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PC Perspective Podcast Scannable to Kodi's Library, with more Joshtekk - plz?

TL;DR - I'd like to enter the metadata of each pcper podcast episode into the TVDB.com so Kodi/Plex and other applications that scrape that database can display PC Perspective Podcast in the library. I'd like PC Permission to do so and see if there is anyone interested in this other than me.

In celebration of PC Per's PC Plex Server, the 505th episode, the Revolutionization of #Joshtekk, and in memory of Allyn I'd like to create a new entry for the PC Per Podcast on tvdb.com. After each episode I'd enter the show title, airing date, host names and show info into the site so anyone who is running Kodi or a Kodi fork can have PC Perspective Podcast in their library.

The site also has the capacity to display images: show wallpapers, episode thumbnails and actor headshots. I can't find a great 16x9 Pc Perspective Podcast wallpaper available through an image search. So if one was made available, that'd be cool. For the other non-default, optional wallpapers, adding old and new school Joshtekk, imho, is a must. I'd leave the episode thumbs and actor bios/images blank.

I'm currently managing 'Security Now' as Frankentank on a weekly basis.
    https://www.thetvdb.com/series/security-now
    Last edited by Frankentank; 06-30-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Re: PC Perspective Podcast Scannable to Kodi's Library, with more Joshtekk - plz?

I apologize for the delay in response. please reach out to the site owner, Ryan Shrout, for details and info. go ahead and send him an email at:

rshrout at pcper dot com
    hmm...

Re: PC Perspective Podcast Scannable to Kodi's Library, with more Joshtekk - plz?

No problem at all on timing. I appreciate the response. I'll post here as things develop.

Ryan gave the go. The PC Perspective Podcast now has a tvdb page and is scannable to Kodi.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/pc-perspective-podcast

The infos being entered to start are from archive.org, found here:

https://archive.org/details/pc-persp...t=-date&page=2

These are audio files and won't scan into a video library. Not all episodes exist, so for those there's a stand-in entry.

I've added a few wallpapers and posters. None existed, that I could find, in 1920x1080. So I cobbled up a few with the image that's delivered through the rss. I'm sure it's abysmal to someone who knows what they're doing. If there're better images out there, I'd be happy to use them.

Like Corinthian leather, Joshtekk 1.0 can now wrap your files in it's warm, sticky embrace. I had to get it to fit to the size requirements again, so I mangled that one too. Twice. It's there though, in almost all of it's glory... What's he thinking I wonder?

I had a Joshtekk poster, mainly of the head of Joshtekk. But it got set as the default, so I got rid of it for now. Maybe there's a way to sort those. Joshtekk 2.0 Josh Walrus would make a nice poster, but the only image is from the teespring site. Same with the Death Wish Raid, Supa-Pipe!, and Hot Dog Down a Halway.

I have to start from the beginning and have an entry for every episode before I can get on with the new episodes. So it might be a while before it's current. I'll post when that happens.

Things are decimetering along. Episodes 1-134 are in. From what I can find episodes 1-64 are audio only at archive.org. Convert them to a video format to scan them in.

Episodes 65-133 with a few missing can be found at Vimeo here ---> https://vimeo.com/pcper

The rest can be found on youtube and later episodes through the rss.

Image defaults are sorted. So the Joshtekk floodd gatess opened. Pc Persists.