AMD Upgrade Ryzen 1600 or 2600

Built an AMD Ryzen 1200 Machine a year ago and now the upgrade bug is biting.
    What I'm looking at right now is upgrading the CPU.
    Should I upgrade to a Ryzen 1600 or jump to the newer 2600?

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck and a bit of future proofing. I know performance between both is only a few percentage points, price-wise the delta is only $20. And as I have a dedicated GPU would it be better to get the cpu without an IG? Would the newer tech of the 2600 be better future proofing? Which would be better to overclock?

Affected Rig:
    Ryzen 1200 @ 3900
    Asus B350M-A MB
    RX 480 8gb
    8GB ram @ 2666
    512gb SSD

Re: AMD Upgrade Ryzen 1600 or 2600

might want to wait a little bit and see if a 2500x might be your cup of tea
    https://www.extremetech.com/computin...-ryzen-3-2300x

But if it were me and choosing between a 1600 and a 2600 , then the 2600 is the better option due to improved memory handling .
    Myself I just got the 2600X and its overkill for me , but I dought I be upgrading for some time
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason PCper wont let me login from the front page...

Anyways, thanks for the input. I'll add the 1600x/2500x to my considerations.

I guess a better question would be; what upgrade in the $200-$250 range (cpu/gpu/memory/etc) will give me the most performance increase. But thats more than the scope of the original question and not for this sub-forum.

In any case, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason PCper wont let me login from the front page...

Anyways, thanks for the input. I'll add the 1600x/2500x to my considerations.

I guess a better question would be; what upgrade in the $200-$250 range (cpu/gpu/memory/etc) will give me the most performance increase. But thats more than the scope of the original question and not for this sub-forum.

In any case, thanks again.
    I never could login from the home page of PcPer either , only the forums .
    The 2600x is a fast cpu . I am very happy with My build but if I realy do not multitask much so six cores are not realy doing much good , but nice to have . If the 2500x had been available I would have pounced on it and saved a few bucks so You gotta ask Yourself what do I really need and would I be better off saving some green and putting that on a sweet vid card .
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23