Rysen information for new users

Hello,
    I have not built a AMD system for years , always went intel so I am really out of touch . But anyway trying to get a little overclock going , and seeing I just bought some Gskill Flair X Ram cas 14 ( ouch that was expensive ) 16gb I went on to using it but it would not run all that hot till I stumbled across this vid on You Tube from a guy from AMD who knows what He is talking about.
    After watching this I was able to get up to the rated memory speed of 2933Mhz at 1T ! even did a little overclock of my 2600+ to 3.9 ghz and it made a real difference .
    I am hoping that some one will find this helpfull as I did and if you do please post

Here is the link ( it is a long vid so get some popcorn and your notes ) https://youtu.be/vZgpHTaQ10k
    Last edited by brothergc; 07-31-2018 at 01:56 AM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Re: Rysen information for new users

just for the fun of it I setup windows 7 on my 2600+ 470x motherboard , wow what a pain but I got it in windows 7 will not see ANY usb drivers period ! I used a ps2 keyboard and a dvdrw drive , then their is microcraps " processors is not supported" BS which is not entirely true. it will work but installing the drivers was fun , launched parted majic live cd then transferred them to the windows 7 desktop , booted into windows 7 and using keyboard only unstalled the drivers
    Now playing farcry 4 on windows 7 .
    What I don't get is why , games in any version of windows just do not look as good as a intel setup might have to get my old 7600k up and running again

Re: Rysen information for new users

well got windows 7 running on another 470x motherboard dumped the asrock and went with asus rog 470x and wow major difference I have managed to get windows 7 stable with some tweaks , but the downfall is windows 7 parks cores on Rizen causing a sluggish system I applied a couple of MS hot fixes that was for a old amd bulldozer cpu and they work great on rizen , verified no more cpu parking and windows 7 files !
    edit forget ms patches been doing some testing and they just do no do right
    here is a better way
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-...-m1861804.aspx

Manually editing works best , what I did I exported the default reg settings and saved them to I could easily go back to default if need be ( recommended ) so far so good.
    Ha just installed UT2004 , man seeing this blast from the past , UT2004 running on a rizen 2600x , turbo UT2004 rofl !
    Last edited by brothergc; 09-18-2018 at 05:11 PM.