Ubuntu 18.04Lts Cache Server failure.. (Several hours trying to figure this one out)

I got the idea that we should put together a Cache server just for our home network.. Yes we have fiber here at the house yes it is business class fiber with 5 static ip's and yes i do host websites and other things through my network. However It comes at a price we are limited to 50 Mbps down and about 15 Mbps upload for about $300 a month. So.. Most of you in the residential world ask how do you function with such slow download and upload.. Well first off we had residential service once before the provider decided to limit residential use to 1.5 tb of data and this is calculated by upload and download per providers terms of service and cost us around 180 dollars a month with 20 dollars for every 50 gigs overage on usage.. We live in the middle of no where USA here in Southern IL..

So I have a Xeon server its is a 24 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5675 @ 3.07GHz (2 Sockets) machine.. I utilize this machine with other vm's on the system.. We have several hard drives connected up to this system.. So what we did was create 2 x 2tb enterprise drives in raid 0 on proxmox and installed the vm using all the hard drive space on those two drives in raid 0..

The Ubuntu distro boots we have installed docker and we did run the test successfully with no issues..

However it isn't working correctly.. In proxmox I assigned this machine several Ethernet ports and made them all static from the main ip which is 192.168.9.2 all the way through 192.168.9.9 all network interfaces are hardware like in the vm environment.

I have my dns on my gaming pc setup to the machine and for testing i am deleting half life and reinstalling it to see on the router whether it pulls from the internet of the cache server and so far it only pulls from the internet no matter what i do..

Here is the document i was following..

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...hing-tutorial/

I later ran across your article on this while googling installation issues.
    https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-c...e/episodes/466

Here is what my commands were after part 4 was completed on the linus tutorial..

Code:
    docker run \
    --restart unless-stopped -d \
    --name steamcache-dns \
    -p 192.168.9.2:53:53/udp \
    -e UPSTREAM_DNS=192.168.9.1 \
    -e STEAMCACHE_IP=192.168.9.3 \
    -e ORIGINCACHE_IP=192.168.9.4 \
    -e BLIZZARDCACHE_IP=192.168.9.5 \
    -e RIOTCACHE_IP=192.168.9.6 \
    -e FRONTIERCACHE_IP=192.168.9.7 \
    -e UPLAYCACHE_IP=192.168.9.8 \
    -e WINDOWSCACHE_IP=192.168.9 \
    steamcache/steamcache-dns:latest
    docker run \
     --restart unless-stopped -d \
      --name sniproxy \
      -p 443:443 \
      steamcache/sniproxy:latest
    docker run --name steamcache -p 80:80 steamcache/steamcache

docker run --name steamcache-dns -p 53:53/udp -e STEAMCACHE_IP=192.168.9.3  steamcache/steamcache-dns
    Where did i mess up?
    Loren Tedford

LorenTedford Twitch

Gaming PC

Streaming PC

Re: Ubuntu 18.04Lts Cache Server failure.. (Several hours trying to figure this one o

Can I get a mod to delete this one.. I only inteded for one post.. I think its because of the spam filter settings that might have wiped me on the other post. Some how this needs to be copied and pasted into the other post please. I only want one thread if possible.
    Loren Tedford

LorenTedford Twitch

Gaming PC

Streaming PC