Why won't she POST?

Had a running system with an MSI 970A-G43 and an AMD FX8350 ) Socket AM3+. Antec True Power Classic 750 W PSU, Zotan Gforce 650 running one VGA Monitor and one DVI Monitor. A few weeks back, it starting to just sit with the fans running and just sit there with nothing coming up on the monitors and unable to access BIOS. I found that for a while (about a week or less) if I did a hardware shut down, wait 30 seconds or so, it would boot if I did this a few times, then it just would not boot at all.
    (Sorry, I have one of those little 4 pin POST Speakers that never seems to work regardless of how I oriented it.) I made sure all of my Memory sticks were in solid, no change.

For some reason I thought GPU so I ordered a PNY GTX1050. Plugged her in, no change. Remembered that last time I had this issue, it was the PSU (More like 3 times), I RMA'ed the Antec and they said they were sending me a replacement so I assumed it had tested as defective. I had already ordered a new Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M and it arrived today. Installed her and tried to boot with just the GPU, MOBO, CPU and PSU. No change, no POST. Plugged in the HDD's in case the hard drive check was holding things back. Again, just fans, not able to get into BIOS, no MSI logo, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated
    Derailing topics with varied sidetracks since 2003.

Re: Why won't she POST?

Take the mobo out of the case and do the barebones test.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Take the mobo out of the case and do the barebones test.
    Ok, will give her a shot this afternoon. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taman View Post
    Ok, will give her a shot this afternoon. Thanks

Ok, I bare bones'ed her (outside of case as recommended). Tried both old and new Vid cards, 1 DDR alone in DIMM 1, DIMM 2, 2nd stick of DDR the same ways. 2 DDR sticks in DIMM 1 and 3. As a last resort, I put the old AMD FX 4350 I had had in her before I upgraded to the 8350. No changes. Either I have a DOA Thermaltake PSU, the 4350 died just sitting on a shelf or the MOBO is bad. My money is on the MOBO at this point.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by taman View Post
    Ok, I bare bones'ed her (outside of case as recommended). Tried both old and new Vid cards, 1 DDR alone in DIMM 1, DIMM 2, 2nd stick of DDR the same ways. 2 DDR sticks in DIMM 1 and 3. As a last resort, I put the old AMD FX 4350 I had had in her before I upgraded to the 8350. No changes. Either I have a DOA Thermaltake PSU, the 4350 died just sitting on a shelf or the MOBO is bad. My money is on the MOBO at this point.auto clicker word unscrambler

Thanks for your help.
    running one VGA Monitor and one DVI Monitor. A few weeks back, it starting to just sit with the fans running and just sit there with nothing coming up on the monitors and unable to access BIOS. I found that for a while (about a week or less) if I did a hardware shut down, wait 30 seconds or so, it would boot if I did this a few times, then it just would not boot at all.
    (Sorry, I have one of those little 4 pin POST Speakers that never seems to work regardless of how I oriented it.) I made sure all of my Memory sticks were in solid, no change.
    Last edited by mopakarim5000; 07-29-2019 at 02:52 PM.