Please advise and comment on new PC build.

I'm about to embark on building a new PC and have tentatively settled on the following components. Would love to have feedback on possible awkwardness or incompatibilities. Thanks!

Intel i7-8700K
    ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E
    Cryorig H7 CPU cooler
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 X 16GB) DDR4-2666
    Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 SSD (for OS and apps)
    WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200rpm HDD (for file storage)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB FTW "Ultra Silent Gaming" GPU
    Fractal Design Define R6 ATX Mid-Tower case (Gunmetal TG)
    SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650W 80+ Power Supply
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit

--Howard

Re: Please advise and comment on new PC build.

Overall, solid build - be sure to post pics once you're finished.

Why 32GB of RAM? I'm asking to make you think about it, not saying you shouldn't get that much. For most people, 16GB should be fine.

Why Cryorig H7? For an air cooler it seems pretty expensive (I only checked newegg but it was $97!). At that price, an AIO looks more attractive to me. Hyper 212 is $30 and probably get you basically same temps.

Also (and this is my personal preference), I think you end up paying way more for a GOLD rated PSU than any savings you get in efficiency. 650w seems about right for this build, but run your rig through a PSU calculator to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.

Re: Please advise and comment on new PC build.

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    Overall, solid build - be sure to post pics once you're finished.

Why 32GB of RAM? I'm asking to make you think about it, not saying you shouldn't get that much. For most people, 16GB should be fine.

Why Cryorig H7? For an air cooler it seems pretty expensive (I only checked newegg but it was $97!). At that price, an AIO looks more attractive to me. Hyper 212 is $30 and probably get you basically same temps.

Also (and this is my personal preference), I think you end up paying way more for a GOLD rated PSU than any savings you get in efficiency. 650w seems about right for this build, but run your rig through a PSU calculator to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the advice. I went for 32GB Ram because I reads somewhere that Photoshop can make use of it for editing large files. Also, I got the Cryorig for $38 at OutletPC. https://www.outletpc.com/vz8692-cryo...el-cooler.html