Reporting a post

Last year I reported several posts in "The Lighting Round" forum for blatant rule violations(offensive content, responding with rude nicknames,etc.) to the mod. I waited over 2 weeks with no feedback. Not even "we are looking into it". So I sent feedback directly to the mod after 2 weeks saying forget about it. Since there nothing being done. Mod response was something like..."I figured you`d play it that way", and it was dropped.I recently reported again in the same forum and mod. With the same actions. No feedback. It`s been a week now. Maybe they should just drop the "report a post" button since nothing gets done. On a side note. The forum rules link is dead. Maybe that`s why there are no rules now. Lol.

Rant over.

Re: Reporting a post

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Last year I reported several posts in "The Lighting Round" forum for blatant rule violations(offensive content, responding with rude nicknames,etc.) to the mod. I waited over 2 weeks with no feedback. Not even "we are looking into it". So I sent feedback directly to the mod after 2 weeks saying forget about it. Since there nothing being done. Mod response was something like..."I figured you`d play it that way", and it was dropped.I recently reported again in the same forum and mod. With the same actions. No feedback. It`s been a week now. Maybe they should just drop the "report a post" button since nothing gets done. On a side note. The forum rules link is dead. Maybe that`s why there are no rules now. Lol.

Rant over.
    I just closed my thread due to the childish game from the moderator, dutchceder in terms of what he allows. It's just not worth the time.
    Last edited by The Wise One; 04-17-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: removed image
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

I think the problem with TLR is that it's about the only part of the forums that gets any traffic. In these days of social media, BBS are dying by inches. Since the site needs an active forum to help get in advertising revenue, the owners are reluctant to clean up TLR. I did volunteer a couple of years ago, but I pointed out that my rules would be ruthless: less than 10% of what is currently posted would survive. It was not accepted. Political debate can be done, and is handled well on another site I use, but it requires the proverbial Rod of Iron to keep a lid on things. It's not the massive alt-right bias that annoys me, so much as the childish nature of almost every post. Time after time the same silly images, slang terms and nicknames get posted in a way that would embarrass a ten-year old. There is no meaningful debate, just playground chanting. Even adding your mum jokes would inprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I think the problem with TLR is that it's about the only part of the forums that gets any traffic. In these days of social media, BBS are dying by inches. Since the site needs an active forum to help get in advertising revenue, the owners are reluctant to clean up TLR. I did volunteer a couple of years ago, but I pointed out that my rules would be ruthless: less than 10% of what is currently posted would survive. It was not accepted. Political debate can be done, and is handled well on another site I use, but it requires the proverbial Rod of Iron to keep a lid on things. It's not the massive alt-right bias that annoys me, so much as the childish nature of almost every post. Time after time the same silly images, slang terms and nicknames get posted in a way that would embarrass a ten-year old. There is no meaningful debate, just playground chanting. Even adding your mum jokes would inprove it.
    Hmm, instead we have the moderator who unlocks a thread so that the homophobic hate taunts can be continued for a childish last word before locking it again.

This is the face of pcper forums...
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...54#post4605554
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    So from what your saying. Basically "advertising revenue", and " the only part of the forums that gets any traffic" are more important in the TLR forum then having control(moderator) with posting rules. So it`s all about the money. Would be interesting to see how much potential revenue is lost by what advertisers see in the TLR forum. And what current advertisers don`t see, and if they did see the posts if they would drop their investment here? Interesting. Maybe just drop all the other forums, and just have the TLR forum. Lol. Maybe rename it The Homophobic Republican Party and Fox News forum. Slogan= post here to get insulted and belittled if your not a white,gun loving, Republican supremacist.

Funny to see liberals freak out whenever free speech breaks out somewhere. "We MUST find a way to MAKE them talk about only what we want them to!" As soon as you don't like what you see, or even if the conversation even so much as starts to go in a direction YOU don't want, you shut it down. As for as your precious "political debate" guidelines, how or why would anyone right of Hillary Clinton ever debate a leftist when their boilerplate response will always be "You're a homophobic racist white supremacist." The fact that you don't see that as a racist statement in and of itself is all I need to know. Oh wait I keep forgetting, it's always acceptable to be racist as long as it's against whites.

Anyway, I'll let you all get back to your bitching.

Thank you for proving our point with your reply.

[QUOTE=otoc;4605555]I just closed my thread due to the childish game from the moderator, dutchceder in terms of what he allows. It's just not worth the time.

Poor thing... How can it not be worth the time, yet be worth the time to come over here and whine about it?

The answer is simple - you got beat at your own game - slaughtered. Next move, change the rules. Crybaby.
    Last edited by The Wise One; 04-17-2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: removed images

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    So from what your saying. Basically "advertising revenue", and " the only part of the forums that gets any traffic" are more important in the TLR forum then having control(moderator) with posting rules. So it`s all about the money. Would be interesting to see how much potential revenue is lost by what advertisers see in the TLR forum. And what current advertisers don`t see, and if they did see the posts if they would drop their investment here? Interesting. Maybe just drop all the other forums, and just have the TLR forum. Lol. Maybe rename it The Homophobic Republican Party and Fox News forum. Slogan= post here to get insulted and belittled if your not a white,gun loving, Republican supremacist.
    And rename this one to the Name Calling Forum.

sorry for the late reply. we are investigating this issue. rest assured, we will be making a decision and implementing some changes shortly. in the mean time, I think I will close this thread.

please be patient with us while we determine the best course of action.
    hmm...