New site layout...

Not a fan of the new layout, three narrow columns where only one really is dynamic enough to be on the landing page (news ofc). The review tab arguably is interesting enough but reviews can be linked from the news feed.

In any case, having somewhat static data on the landing page leaves an impression of "nothing new" which leads to less interest.

Unhappy Re: New site layout...

Quote Originally Posted by e[N]eq View Post
    Not a fan of the new layout, three narrow columns where only one really is dynamic enough to be on the landing page (news ofc). The review tab arguably is interesting enough but reviews can be linked from the news feed.

In any case, having somewhat static data on the landing page leaves an impression of "nothing new" which leads to less interest.
    Thought I was the only one who felt like this.

I feel the layout design is cluttered.
    Top Header border could be slimmed down.
    Side content could be brought up more closer to each other (Podcast, Archive, Login)

I like the dimension of the image slides, but as soon as you scroll down, it feels like some sort of advertisement page or a pinterest page.

If the columns are to remain, have them wider with a little more content (sysop), otherwise, it just feels like Facebook ads.
    The column dimension and style looks nicer on this page: https://pcper.com/category/news-article/

Adding darker/larger shadows behind the columns or making the background darker may make the look a little more pleasing to read.

The article itself looks cleaner with the new formatting style, however the lack of content in the article makes it less desired, such as:
    https://pcper.com/2019/05/cooler-mas...ming-keyboard/

Is there a way to have the videos at the bottom of the articles paused by default?
    A few times I thought they were related to the Article, but was irritated to know that they weren't.

Am not of fan of the video API and GUI. The buttons don't respond very well compared to YouTube and Twitch videos, and I don't like that the pause button is in the middle of the video and hides the content you want to read.
    GamerTag: CrossNeon - Steam Profile
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/PHOPROJECT
    BuildSpecs: EVGA Mods Rigs
    Internet Connection: 1.32Mbps/0.59Mbps 104ms

Namespro.ca - Canadian owned domain service provider. CIRA certified registrar.
    GTribe PC Giveaway : Preregister to be entered as they are announced. Many drawn this year. See you there!

Re: New site layout...

I have to agree, but then 99% of the time when sites update the site tends to be more difficult to navigate and less user friendly. I really wish sites would leave things alone and let the CONTENT drive the site instead of moving towards the iPad crowd looking for their latest celebrity crush layouts.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.