View Poll Results: Which forums software should we use?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • vBulletin

1 100.00%
  • Discourse

0 0%

vBulletin or Discourse

Greetings all!

We are looking to make some changes to the PC Perspective forums and would like your feedback/input!

We will be updating the visual style, making some changes with integration between the forums and the main site, upgrading to the latest version of whichever platform we choose to use, along with a number of other changes in an effort to streamline and modernize.

One of things we are looking at is the software we use for the forums. We are looking to make a decision between continuing with vBulletin (what we use now) or switching to the Discourse platform:

https://www.discourse.org

Does anyone visit other sites/forums that use the Discourse platform? What are your thoughts/opinions on it?
    hmm...

Re: vBulletin or Discourse

My only thoughts, it would be a shame if all these years of chats, would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by collie man View Post
    My only thoughts, it would be a shame if all these years of chats, would go away.
    thanks for your input collie man! you wouldn't have to worry about that though. im sure there would be a way to migrate all the data. we wouldn't make a move if that wasn't possible.
    hmm...

Hard for me to say. On the one hand I've been familiar and comfortable with vbulletin forever so I personally would like to stay with it if only for "nostalgia", but on the other things have been pretty dead quiet around here and if its easier to integrate with the main site and admin on the back end I don't see why the opinions of a couple old farts should hold much sway.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Stay with vbulletin. Discourse is for children on iPads discussing the latest teenage celebrity.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

thank you for your feedback. I have made the recommendation to stay with vBulletin.
    hmm...