AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUS - Zen 2 CPUs Launched

Better late than never to get a post up to discuss the latest and greatest from AMD

Quote Originally Posted by PCPerspective
    Those expecting AMD to thunder past Intel in gaming performance might come away disappointed with the few benchmarks shown here, but Zen 2 Ryzen – while still not up to Intel’s level in our game testing thus far – is still an improvement over the previous generation of Ryzen CPUs in this regard (and if you game at higher resolutions than 1080p you are going to be more GPU bound anyway).

In short, these new Ryzen processors continue along the disruptive path AMD has followed since early 2017, and if you crave more cores for your money, and aren’t after the last word in gaming performance (Intel appears to retain its advantage after our early testing), it’s an easy choice to make right now.
    https://pcper.com/2019/07/amd-ryzen-...-3900x-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Anandtech
    The 3900X essentially has no real competition when it comes to the multi-threaded performance that it’s able to deliver. Here the chip not only bests Intel’s mainstream desktop designs, but it's able to go toe-to-toe with the lowest rung of Intel's more specialized HEDT platforms. Even AMD’s own Threadripper line-up is made irrelevant below 16 cores.

All in all, while AMD still has some way to go, they’ve never been this close to Intel in over a decade. This is no longer the story of the AMD that is trying to catch up to Intel; this is now the story of the AMD that is once more a formidable rival to Intel. And, if the company is able to continue to execute as well, we should be seeing even more exciting things in the future.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/14605...aising-the-bar
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 07-09-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present